1/48 Ki-51 "Sonia", Wingsy kits

Fuad

Nicely built and beautifully painted and weathered. Heard a lot about this kit and, although Japanese aircraft are not my passion, it is a very attractive type. Might have a go myself but I doubt I can paint it as well as you Fuad!

Cheers

Malcolm

Generally superb work, as we've been spolit with.

But that oddly overstated shading of the fabric covered control surfaces looks just plain wrong to me, as it gives an impression of sag.

Anybody who's spent any time around veteran aeroplanes knows that especially on the control surfaces, the fabric is taut as a drumskin. No sag at all. So, misplaced shading, IMHO.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Generally superb work, as we've been spolit with.

But that oddly overstated shading of the fabric covered control surfaces looks just plain wrong to me, as it gives an impression of sag.

Anybody who's spent any time around veteran aeroplanes knows that especially on the control surfaces, the fabric is taut as a drumskin. No sag at all. So, misplaced shading, IMHO.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Don't worry, in really - there is no visual of internal power structure on ailerons on the model. I painted it myself with the help of masks (for a more spectacular look).