Questions about the AC-47

Vinster

2 hours ago, fubar57 said:

I've got photos of the AC-47D showing rear doors, some had cut-outs to allow 4 MGs to fire through

Yeah - the kit I have only has 3 mgs but instructs to cut out the door. Most photos I found are similar 

3 minutes ago, Finn said:

The flares which were manually thrown out were normally positioned in the right rear of the cabin, having no doors to open made it much easier:

Douglas AC-47 Spooky Interior

Jari

Ahhh that makes sense - we're the doors permanently removed then, I just keep thinking about the aircraft security when in hangar

The AC-47 used the 7.62 minigun (SUU-11A then MXU-470) rather the 20mm.  I understand that the original design waa a gun in door and a flare launcher further forward.  Flares launched by the launcher had a propensity to hit the horizontal stabilizer .  Solution - move the door gun forward and throw the flares out of the door.

George

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, boffin said:

The AC-47 used the 7.62 minigun (SUU-11A then MXU-470) rather the 20mm.  I understand that the original design waa a gun in door and a flare launcher further forward.  Flares launched by the launcher had a propensity to hit the horizontal stabilizer .  Solution - move the door gun forward and throw the flares out of the door.

George

Ahhh thank you - this makes more sense as I see variation in the photos I have found

Hey all, so U have begun the build I need to paint the internal section tomorrow the instruction calls for an all grey finish but my research has shown grey floors and some bulkheads (not sure if they are called this my apologies if not) but mainly green walls. Does anyone perhaps know what green this would be.