Beautiful job there Rob. May try one of those CC kits at some point but I need to finish my basic training on the good old Airfix Vosper first!

Thanks for sharing a great WIP.

Terry

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Fellas - Your positive and generous comments always mean a lot.

On 2/15/2020 at 9:05 PM, Stelangton said:

Looks brill!!! How did you achieve the background, as in no corners etc? I tried a white sheet once but didn’t have the effect you have.

Hi Stelangton

Nothing sophisticated......

DSCF9123

One overhead Shesto light with a single cheap bedstand lamp fitted with a daylight bulb and a piece of Artist's card which I stick up as pictured.  I'll also turn this so it's lengthwise.

Occasionally I'll crop pics when the corners exceed the card.  I actually have some large diffuser lights but it's such a faff to set them up in the limited space that it never seems worthwhile.

These 2 lights often give colour gradations that are unplanned but quite attractive versus completely shadowless diffused light with the bigger lamps.

There's obviously a limit to the size of model I can photograph with this set up - so far everything has fitted including my Fairmile.

Thanks Again everyone ;)

Rob

• Like 2

Tips in photography as well as model making no end to this mans talents  :book:

Cracking finish that shelve must be getting nearly empty by now ready for a big project  :hmmm:

beefy

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Tips in photography as well as model making no end to this mans talents  :book:

Cracking finish that shelve must be getting nearly empty by now ready for a big project  :hmmm:

beefy

Too kind Dear boy, too kind!

And funny you should ask........

....coming soon to a Blog near you

DSCF9124

I'm partly waiting for Micromaster Goodies to come from NZ and for PE sets to be released.

I've been inspired by your big Capital ships ;)

Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robgizlu said:

Thanks Fellas - Your positive and generous comments always mean a lot.

Hi Stelangton

Nothing sophisticated......

DSCF9123

One overhead Shesto light with a single cheap bedstand lamp fitted with a daylight bulb and a piece of Artist's card which I stick up as pictured.  I'll also turn this so it's lengthwise.

Occasionally I'll crop pics when the corners exceed the card.  I actually have some large diffuser lights but it's such a faff to set them up in the limited space that it never seems worthwhile.

These 2 lights often give colour gradations that are unplanned but quite attractive versus completely shadowless diffused light with the bigger lamps.

There's obviously a limit to the size of model I can photograph with this set up - so far everything has fitted including my Fairmile.

Thanks Again everyone ;)

Rob

Thanks so simple lol