Airfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk.I (rag-wing)

just finished another Airfix Hurricane.... I have to say that I think the Airfix 'new-tool' Mk I looks less like a Hurricane than ever when not in RAF markings. There is something in the shape of this kit that does not quite look 'right' -  the canopy and fuselage spine seems to be too high which 'deceives' the eye into thinking the fuselage is too short. Possibly. The only view that looks more or less 'correct' is from above. However the details are nice - cockpit, undercarriage, wheel wells, exhausts - and this is a big improvement on the 'old-tool' of course. I have still to build my Arma Hobby kit. Perhaps soon. New build in Finnish markings from the Xtradecal sheet ..and two previous builds below that..

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 24

3 minutes ago, FalkeEins said:

There is something in the shape of this kit that does not quite look 'right' -  the canopy and fuselage spine seems to be too high which 'deceives' the eye into thinking the fuselage is too short. Possibly.

It's the canopy.  It's too high. The spine is fine, but add in the canopy thickness, it's too high, and as a result the windscreen is too high and wrong angle.

if anything the fuselage is slightly too long.  The oversize tyres don't help. 

• Like 2