Another Airfix oldie.

stevej60

Morning folks, back with another 1978 tooling as I really enjoyed the first one,this boxing features  an Italian scheme which will be the one built.Another silly bid

on e-bay got this one for 4:99.

170889-12155-pristine - Edited

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 6

Hi Steve.

well it's nice seeing someone enjoying a kit to that extent!

Italian schemes are really cool. Good choice.

The funny thing is that the box artwork looks much older than 1978. 

Aren't we picky?!!!! 

Have a lot of fun!

JR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean said:

The funny thing is that the box artwork looks much older than 1978. 

Hello Jean,the funny thing is this boxing is from 2000! The kit is identical to my previous build but the Italian scheme has upper wing markings making it

a bit more interesting.

• Haha 1

Morning folk's,with the weather ruling out outside spraying on other stuff I,ve had time for this build,being the same kit as my other entry I skipped

sprue shots and cracked on with the it,same interior set up and treatment too.

20200222_110607

20200222_112105

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9

Hi Steve,

now that is a fast build.

Italian markings are really sexy on a Stuka, so you are choosing just right.

Is the opening of the air intake on the starboard side hollow or blind? Can't really be sure, and I have never built this Airfix kit.

Keep having fun!

JR

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jean said:

s the opening of the air intake on the starboard side hollow or blind?

Its blanked of Jean I'll just paint it as I did my first build,This scheme has the marking's for the upper wing's which makes it a bit more interesting.

Afternoon folk's,I really do love these kit's what a pity there wasn't the wide choice of different scheme's I'd do a few more.Anyway here's she is as of

this morning after a primer coat of gray and a couple of coats of the blue and greens using a flat brush I used no masking so saved a fair bit of time,

I'm just starting the yellow ID band waiting for the first coat to dry.

20200227_133557

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

Nice job Steve. Tamiya paints? Did you brush or spray the undercoat?

Davey.

Hi Davey,yes Tamiya acrylics mixed to my not 100% accurate take on RLM colours,on this one I did brush on the primer rather than spray.

Good Lord the worst decals I've had since two days ago on the Heller Viggen! Can't do anything with them so thankfully I have spares and by painting

a yellow nose,fuselage band and underside wingtips I can produce a Balkan based Luftwaffe machine.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Steve you should do your next one in a desert a home. I'm doing my B in a simple sand colour with a white band and red G. I think it looks rather cool.

I'm sure you will be able to whack it out in a weekend.  🙂

Ha many thank's Greg I think this will be my last for now I've done my usual "kid in a sweet shop" and gone overboard in another couple of GB's,

this one due to the decal disaster has a new identity and is nearing the dreaded cockpit painting stage.should get the matt coat on tomorrow.

20200229_102724

• Like 7

Hi folk's.Finished this morning and in the gallery,that's my two builds done now so I can sit back and catch up on all the others.

20200307_112916

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2020 at 12:13, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's.Finished this morning and in the gallery,that's my two builds done now so I can sit back and catch up on all the others.

I just caught up with your two excellent builds, Steve, very well done with these old Airfix kits - I was interested to see the improvement in detailing in these '2nd generation' kits over the original 'red stripe baggings'. Also, impressive brush painting with no masking! That's my kind of modelling (if you can get away with it). Enjoyed these ones. All the best. Mike.

• Like 1