Valentine Mk.I AFV Club 1/35

On 21/02/2020 at 00:45, f matthews said:

The Bronco Mk IX is pretty decent. It is based on the incorrect Miniart platform, but with some good corrections.  A solid build I think.

Bronco Valentine IX

That's very nice! It's that colour scheme that is tempting me. 

• Like 1

That's a very nice Valentine. I have a Miniart Mk II nearing the top of the stash  - if it turns out half as good as yours I'll be pleased.

I also have a (very) old Maquette Mk XI which I keep getting out, looking at the soft details and flash on the parts and pushing it to the back of the stash again.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bandit1250 said:

That's a very nice Valentine. I have a Miniart Mk II nearing the top of the stash  - if it turns out half as good as yours I'll be pleased.

I also have a (very) old Maquette Mk XI which I keep getting out, looking at the soft details and flash on the parts and pushing it to the back of the stash again.

Thank you!

I know what you mean, I have a number of old kits that will realistically never get built.

Wayne 

I too have too much in my stash that was state of the art 25-40 years ago and have the cutting-edge replacements, so I will also never build a bunch. I donated 60-70 kits to a veterans’/servicemens’ group where they went to very good use and were greatly appreciated.  I strongly recommend that if you can do so!

Edited by f matthews
  • Like 1

I like the weathering and exhaust staining and I'm envious that you managed to get the cable lines through the etch over the side lights and horn (assuming that's what they are 🤔). Something I singularly failed to manage.

I started mine about a year ago and it stalled when it came to the etch bits on the bodywork. I've recently picked it up again and the etch bits are now, more or less,  where they're supposed to be. Having recently finished a Tamiya Archer which was a breeze to build I've found the AFV Valentine 1 to be somewhat of a challenge.

• Like 1

On 01/03/2020 at 20:01, Chris B said:

I like the weathering and exhaust staining and I'm envious that you managed to get the cable lines through the etch over the side lights and horn (assuming that's what they are 🤔). Something I singularly failed to manage.

I started mine about a year ago and it stalled when it came to the etch bits on the bodywork. I've recently picked it up again and the etch bits are now, more or less,  where they're supposed to be. Having recently finished a Tamiya Archer which was a breeze to build I've found the AFV Valentine 1 to be somewhat of a challenge.

Thank you.

There were some fiddly parts for sure but it's definitely worth preserving with as. My main modelling interest is WW1 aircraft so maybe I just take take that sort of thing as the norm.

Wayne.