Hello World

Tony Davis

Quick introduction; built a lot of kits as a child, last model I built was a monogram twin mustang. Haven't touched a kit for over forty years! I have been doing some modelling, albeit railways. My wife picked up a Marks and Spencers/ Revell Spit at a car boot and it re-kindled the latent aero-modeller within me. I haven't built the kit as yet, looking for tips on here first. I have also picked up some eduard ww1 kits - amazed at how much the standard of kits has changed!

regards

Tony

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Tony...:post1: from the windy city of Chicago. 

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, it's a bit windy here at the moment, ironically because of Storm Dennis 🙂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Faraway said:

Welcome Tony. You’ll get lots of help and info on this site.

Jon

Judging by the reviews of the Revell Spitfire I mentioned I'm going to need it:-)

Welcome Tony.  Know where you are coming from.  Gave up the kits for years & moved in to railways until my wife got me an Airfix starter spit one Christmas.

The natives here are usually friendly - don’t be afraid to ask if you need anything

• Like 1

On 16/02/2020 at 21:52, bar side said:

Welcome Tony.  Know where you are coming from.  Gave up the kits for years & moved in to railways until my wife got me an Airfix starter spit one Christmas.

The natives here are usually friendly - don’t be afraid to ask if you need anything

I'm trying to think of a way to combine the two hobbies, Narrow Gauge rail served WW1 airfield, maybe? Haven't come across any photographic evidence as yet but...

Must have been lots of WW2 airfields with temporary branches feeding bomb stores.  I have heard lots of stories of temporary bomb stores across East Anglia but as it was all deemed secret there was very little written or photographed evidence.

Just now, bar side said:

Must have been lots of WW2 airfields with temporary branches feeding bomb stores.  I have heard lots of stories of temporary bomb stores across East Anglia but as it was all deemed secret there was very little written or photographed evidence.

Which could be a bonus, no photographs gives room for a lot of modellers licence. To be fair though I was thinking of Western Front Narrow Gauge.