Greetings from Watford

Pazeroo

Hi All

Have just joined to see what you are all up to.

I’ve been a railway modeller for 20 years or so and revisited kit modelling about five years ago when I was given Tamiya 1/350 Missouri, which I made a decent fist of (at least I thought so at the time) and promptly went out and got the same scale Yamato (completed 2 years ago) and Bismarck (with the Pontos detail up kit and a diorama) which is nearly complete.

I’ve been blown away by the quality of modelling I’ve seen on the military scene and have tried my best to improve my own standards as a result.

On the to-do list:

- Tamiya 1/350 Prince of Wales with Pontos detail up kit - I want to depict it sinking with HMS Express alongside

- HMS Express (I’ve not seen a 1/350 kit) so may be forced into a first scratch build - drawings and advice sought please!
- Tamiya M4 Sherman tank with Eduardo detail kit - want to make a diorama for this probably set in Bocages ca 1944

- Revell 1/72 Lancaster / Spitfire / Hurricane in a set - not sure what to do with these. Tempted to do at least one in a crashed state

- 3 cars in street cruise diorama - Tamiya R33 Skyline, Toyota Corolla AE92, Toyota AE86 Levin

- plus railway modelling

Lots to do!

I’ll post up Bismarck pictures if anyone’s interested.

Mark

• Like 3

Watford, eh !! An old Ricky-ite here, left 50 years ago for sun and pastures new.

Been back a couple of times - all changed a lot ! - but that's it, too many spinal ops for another 24+ hour trip in the flying sardine can. Shame, heaps on my English bucket list still to do, but they'll have to remain dreams.

Welcome to the best modelling site on the net.

My interests are flying obscurities........

Rog

• 3 weeks later...