Minicraft 1/350 Titanic

Wow this is incredible, nice work on the rigging, what did you use for it.  I plan on building the 1/700 version as a gift for my dad, as he loves Titanic.  Would love to do the 1/350 version, but I don't think he'd be able to display anything that big.  Your lighting looks spot on, I plan on lighting mine and was going to go with a warm white as well, which is more in period I think.  You've done a great job.

Hello Hoolio, thanks very much, I used INFINI MODELS 110denier  for the rigging, its the best ive used so far. think it was 10 quid from Sovereighn models. Its very easy to attach with a dab of CA. I think the key is even though its stretchy lycra, only stretch it enough to fit and that allows all the rigging to be a uniform thickness and flex when your wife knocks it as well😉!

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/03/2020 at 07:13, Robertone139 said:

Fantastic!

What was your solution for lighting the ship?

Sorry Rob , only just seen your post, I used a mixture of LED and fibre optic. I put it all on work in progress all the steps I took. Hope this helps!!

7 hours ago, Stelangton said:

Sorry Rob , only just seen your post, I used a mixture of LED and fibre optic. I put it all on work in progress all the steps I took. Hope this helps!!

Thanks, I'll look it up.

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/03/2020 at 10:56, Clogged said:

Beautifully done! was there any aftermarket stuff used?

Hello, Yes pretty much everything. I was lucky to get it on Ebay for £90 and it came with GMM fences, davits and masts to name a few.  I had to scratch build the anchor on the front as the model didnt have it. Thankfully a fellow member 3d printed me an anchor that fit!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Tha's beautiful!

I have one still in the box that I will get round to one day - I also bought a wood laminate for the boards.

I want to learn how to do the rigging.

Is that Jack and Rose on the bow?