AMT Double Dragsters

Here’s my latest car builds, the 1/25 AMT “Double Dragster” Kit built from the 2010 tin box re-release. I recall my older brother building this original AMT release in the late ‘50’s/ early ‘60’s (before my glue-sniffing days started); anyone know when this kit was originally tooled/ released? The parts required extensive re-work/ clean-up to make everything  fit which lead to the removal of all chrome plating and Alclad application. Other than re-configuring the shifter location on the Fiat altered from the footwell to the driver’s right and plug wires, fuel lines and alternative decals, both cars were built OOB.

I grew up close to Lion’s Drag Strip in Long Beach, CA and recall seeing drag cars similar to these two during an early visit there. I love these early years when the participants all had day jobs and the cars were mostly home-built in nearby garages and backyards.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10

Niiice... the green looks very good and the interior looks great too. Proper dragsters. A suggestion if I may: drilling the exhaust ends would add realism in my opinion!