ICM 1/32 Gloster Gladiator. small update 27/02/20

Great work Iain. 

Like me you I’ve never rigged a byplane and quite honestly the thought terrifies me. But I have to say that I do quite fancy this kit so will be following with interest. 

Well done so far. 

James

• Like 1

Hey everyone

Not the biggest update in fact its only one photo but over the past few days I have been working on the Gladiators dash board and my Spitfire (more on that later today or maybe tomorrow)..

For my inspiration I've used this picture sourced from the web..

HN7hF9

..for the instruments and placards I've used 1/48 and 1/32 decals from Airscale...

dash board

It still needs sealing and the glass adding to the dials but I think once its installed in the cockpit it should look ok? The placards and their positioning are totally fictitious by the way.

Cheers

Iain

• Like 11

On 2/20/2020 at 6:05 PM, Biggles87 said:

Looks great to me.

John

On 2/20/2020 at 6:39 PM, spitfire said:

Looks pretty good to me as well, nice work

Cheers

Dennis

On 2/20/2020 at 8:35 PM, galgos said:

Excellent job Iain, you’ve nailed those IPs, just a pity that the lower one is barely visible in the cockpit! 
Max 

Gents thank you very much!

Iain

Hey everyone

Today I've put the Spitfire to one side and I've been working on the Gladiator as way of a change. I've made a start on the cockpit and all the main components have received a base coat of XF 71 for the cockpit side walls and Citadel Runefang steel for the everything else. Initially I sparyed the whole cockpit seat and floor silver but TBH I thought it looked a boring so to spice it up a little I sprayed the seat XF71 just to add interest..

49590833858_01f14d28ee_b.jpg

..and so after about 4 hours work we are here...

49592960106_584f279db5_b.jpg 49592960091_c8edf4d260_b.jpg

..I've weathered the seat with a some chipping, weathered the whole assembly with some Mig enamel panel wash, added a decal for the compas from some spares and added the RB productions lap belts. I then gave everything a flat coat including the instrument panel and on the instrument panel and compass I added some Kristal Klear to the instrument faces to give them that glass look..

49593204322_ce8939ae67_b.jpg

..and here is everything together (that I've completed)..

49593204217_831b5ab49d_b.jpg

..and that's yer lot.

I have a birthday lunch tomorrow so I wont being doing any modelling. Til next time.

Cheers

Iain

• Like 7

• 2 years later...