1/32 - de Havilland DH.89 Dragon Rapide resin kit by Lukgraph Resin Kits - released

Homebee

I`ve never built a Lukgraph kit , for those who have , how do they compare with Silver Wings kits ? .

Let`s hope Aims put out the rigging wires set as per the one for the Gladiator , they are very prominent on this bird ! .

Am I the only Britmodeller user who finds the organization of the forums needlessly complex and perplexing?  I would never in a million years have thought to look in a “rumourmonger” area for a new kit announcement.  It’s not a rumour, it’s a fact.  Not the same thing at all.

8 hours ago, Don149 said:

I`ve never built a Lukgraph kit , for those who have , how do they compare with Silver Wings kits ? .

Let`s hope Aims put out the rigging wires set as per the one for the Gladiator , they are very prominent on this bird ! .

Lukgraph kits are superb.  Some of the best resin that’s ever been produced.

Thanks North Bay Kid ! , I`ll be having one , sod the expense . I had three flights in them around the `50s time .

Always wanted one in this scale .

Don .

• 2 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2463496320631093&set=a.1464998240480911&type=3&theater

DH.89 Dragon Rapide coming soon (April / May)
The model’s progress is very good.
All main parts are ready.
Today we present the first of four (Israel, USA and 2 x British) Dragon Rapide profiles.
This is the Israeli version of the late 1940s.

89714817-2463496330631092-49100994485053

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2464171367230255&id=100009122475726&ref=content_filter

DH.89 Dragon Rapide coming soon (April / May)
The model’s progress is very good.
All main parts are ready.
Today we present the second of four (Israel, USA and 2 x British) Dragon Rapide profiles.
This is the USAAF of the 1944s.
All the best
Lukgraph

89714809-2464348003879258-61439843293420

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Box art

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2465922080388517&set=a.1464998240480911

De Havilland DH.89 Dragon Rapide probably doesn't need an introduction, everyone knows it. We have always liked its shape. Therefore, we decided to release it in 1:32 scale. It is really big by the standards of models produced in resin (dimensions in 1:32 scale is 456 x 332 mm).
The model will be available in our online store: www.lukgraph.pl
We don't know the price yet but it will be as friendly as possible.
The aircraft in the pre-war, war and post-war period was very popular. Many of them fly today to enjoy tourists and aviation enthusiasts.
Paintings of civil aircraft are particularly beautiful.
At the present time, the modeler has no problem making masks or decals for 1 piece (your favorite). We can always help in technical preparation of the project (especially for civilian versions).
The set will include:
- resin castings
- 3D printed Gipsy Six x 2 engine with exhaust pipes
- 3D-printed passenger seats 8 pcs
- 3D printed interiors the pilot's cabin
- photo-etched sheet
- decals
- instruction
The model should appear at the turn of April and May this year.
We hope that on these hard days in the world this message will bring some joy. Below we present box art.

89950415-2465922087055183-28696337153680

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

On 2/16/2020 at 2:03 PM, Don149 said:

Actually they should be broadly similar (if not exactly the same) as the men standing behind the prototype designing and making are the same.

The difference lays in decals, instruction sheets and boxes - here the authors are not the same people.

Same situation appears when you compare Choroszy and Ardpol 1/72 aircraft - most moulds are made (and even cast) by the same hands.

Cheers

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Homebee said:

Please note that there is said (in Polish) that Dragon (Rapide, DH89 not DH 84 Dragon) will be released at the end of May TOGETHER WITH Westland Wapiti in 1/32

Regards

J-W

P.S.

The text which is below photo in cited post from facebook displays on my computer in Polish. Anybody see it directly in English?

Edited by JWM