1/48 Aero L-29 Delfin

Hello all!!  After a year or so away from (completing) models, I have just finished this AMK kit for a friend who most recently owned this very aircraft.  It is the AMK kit with Airies resin cockpit and Mark 1 / 4+ Decals (from their 'Aero L29 Dozen Set)).  The kit is very very noce, well fitting and well detailed from the box. It allows for flaps up/down, airbrakes open/closed and canopy open/closed.  It also includes some PE details for the cockpit and other areas.  The Airies cockpit is most excellent, however, it proved to be a little wide for a 'drop in' fit.  I sanded it and the kit interior quite a bit but it needed a just little more.  The decals are for the Bugarian Air Force and were very thin yet strong.  If you are building an Aero L-29, try to locate this Mark 1 package, it includes a highly illustrated book, colour plates and decals for 12 aircraft.  Paints are Alclad for the metals and Tamiya lacquer for the red.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here is 'Red 77 in the Bulgarian Air Force"  probably in the early '70's

spacer.png

Here is "Red 77" as she is today.  This picture was taken while she was owned and flown by my friend Mike in Edenvale Ontario Canada.  I believe she is now on her way to or in Africa for new adventures.

spacer.png

• Like 19