Tempest Fuselage Fuel & Oil Tanks (4394 for Eduard) 1:48

Tempest Fuselage Fuel & Oil Tanks (4394)

1:48 CMK by Special Hobby

boxtop.jpg

We reviewed the resin upper engine set from CMK here, and at the time I hadn't noticed that I also had this set to review too, so aren't I silly?  This set arrives in a yellow-themed shallow blister pack with header card and instructions within, and 12 resin parts on six casting blocks within.  The kit’s fuselage halves will need to be cut to expose the area, which is covered in diagrammatic form in step one, and while you’re cutting you might as well expose the engine, eh?

sprue1.jpg

The oil tank is first to be made up with a small part added to the flat underside, and then two supports are fixed to the sides of the larger fuel tank with its filler caps on the top.  These are integrated into the aircraft either side of the cockpit’s front firewall, with the smaller tank resting on the kit’s cockpit sidewalls behind the instrument panel.  Forward of the firewall the fuel tank is added, and it is completed by threading the resin hoses through from one side to the other, linking the two area.  The fuselage panels you cut out are discarded and replaced with the new resin part that is well detailed and at a more scale thickness than the styrene you remove.

On its own or coupled with the engine set it will look superb once installed and painted, giving plenty of scope for a maintenance/repair diorama.

Highly recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif

• Like 1