Sd.Kfz.173 Jagdpanther Ausf. G1 - WAS IST DAS?!

Hi All,

Recently finished my MENG Sd.Kfz.173 Jagdpanther Ausf. G1 (1/35) with a few extras, metal barrell and fruilmodel tracks. The figures are from Evolution Miniatures. Would definatley recommend them.

The thoughts behind this one is the end of war period and they are veterans of many battles so the tank is beaten to bits but still ploughing on with their task.  The weathering is a little OTT to try and get that feeling across.

To be honest I got a little sick of it near the end but that may be because I have the modelling concentration of a 3 year old and I'm always thinking about the next build. Anyway Enjoy.

Simon

Sd.Kfz.173 Jagdpanther Sd.Kfz.173 Jagdpanther Sd.Kfz.173 Jagdpanther Sd.Kfz.173 Jagdpanther Sd.Kfz.173 Jagdpanther Sd.Kfz.173 Jagdpanther Sd.Kfz.173 Jagdpanther

Edited by Red Five
  • Like 48
  • Thanks 1

Hi Simon, at the risk of repeating myself, excellant modelling and photography, the black backdrop really sets it off, as John said very dramatic. 

Looking forward to watching the next one. 

Cheers

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Red Five said:

To be honest I got a little sick of it near the end but that may be because I have the modelling concentration of a 3 year old and I'm always thinking about the next build. Anyway Enjoy.

Simon

True art takes its time - and this is truly art! :goodjob:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Thanks 1

Hi Simon,

a really good vignette, everything looks great, and the figures are very good, I would like to do something similar.
I understand that well, when the kit is running out, I just want to finish, and it's hard not to put it aside, to start with a new one ...

Cheers mate 👍

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

Took a few dios and builds down to the Halifax Show today and got an, unexpected, Commendation for the Jagdpanther in the Armour Cat and also a nice Best in Class diorama (2nd year running too!) for my Omaha Beach Dio, A High commendation for my Battle of Britain (in same cat). So it turns out it was a worthwile trip. Considering I started this hobby in 2016 with little to no skill with a view to have something to take my mind off more serious things I'm really chuffed that people like what I'm now doing. Thanks everyone whos contributed kind words and advice too!! 

20200216_150304

Omaha Dio if anyones interested

Battle of britain Too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Andy Moore said:

Exceptional dio Simon. Amazing how something as simple as the sloped front corner of the groundwork really adds to the dynamism of the scene.

Andy:cat:

Thanks andy. 

Great work Simon, and pleased you are starting to see some positive results at shows. Don't be down on yourself if you don't score in comps, you know as well as any how fickle judging can be and it's often not a fair playing field with a lot of categories being mixed and amalgamated. When someone tells you how they enjoy looking at your model and compliments your skill, to me it means a lot more than a piece of paper from a view of a judge in a competition. Just keep knocking them out, post them on here for us to admire or display on a club table at a show, you know you're more than welcome to display your work that you're not entering on the Washington Club stand. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BeeKay said:

Great work Simon, and pleased you are starting to see some positive results at shows. Don't be down on yourself if you don't score in comps, you know as well as any how fickle judging can be and it's often not a fair playing field with a lot of categories being mixed and amalgamated. When someone tells you how they enjoy looking at your model and compliments your skill, to me it means a lot more than a piece of paper from a view of a judge in a competition. Just keep knocking them out, post them on here for us to admire or display on a club table at a show, you know you're more than welcome to display your work that you're not entering on the Washington Club stand. :thumbsup:

Cheers Brian, Quite happy with the results this year Gold, Silver, Bronze. In fairness youre exactly right though, positive feedback from others means more than a chitty of paper, the thing that narks me is when its clear and obvious that people win becuase they know someone rather than their skill. See too many excellent pieces (of other peoples work) not get the recognition they more than deserve because of it. It really knocks confidence. Its a nice feeling getting something in a comp but not the end of the world when you know youve missed out fair and square like.

Keep toying with the idea of joining the club mate never know one day haha

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Simon. Another stunning result. Again you have really managed to capture the atmosphere of the scene. very well done.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...