This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

dragan_mig31

1:72 R.V.Aircraft MiG-23bn

Hello to all.Here is another model I finished this year.The R.V. Aircraft MiG-23BN.A really difficult model to assemble.I had great problems with the fit and everything.I decided to do it as a Ethiopian AF MiG-23bn.I did upgrade the cockpit a bit but nothing fancy.I used decals from the spares box and the mod was painted in gunze and tamiya acrylics.

Here is a full video build I did for this model so if you are interested in that kind of presentation feel free to watch it.

mBxzj88.jpg

fh45z2R.jpg

2ymd48f.jpg

rIk9D5d.jpg

uLNs147.jpg

H96B8rX.jpg

LYL3VEI.jpg

rgLD3Ux.jpg

aB4sJR5.jpg

Very nicely done, that's a great choice of scheme

Very nice, Dragan. I cant remember when I last saw a BN on Britmodeller :)

Martin

Outstanding results most especially given the difficult nature of the kit and quality of the molds.  This is also a very attractive paint scheme.  :clap:

Great looking model. Based on the finished model one wouldn't suspect that the kit is difficult.

And nice to see a Mig-23. The Flogger is the ugly duckling of the Mig-family despite its historic importance. Modellers and kit-maker, in general, don't seem to like it.

33 minutes ago, Doc72 said:

Modellers and kit-maker, in general, don't seem to like it.

Can't shake the feeling one has to do with the other though ;)

Thanks guys.I am glad you like it.If only eduard would do the mig-23/27 family of aircraft in 1:72 scale.Or even 1:144th scale.It would make life much more easier for us who love the type.

Regards,Dragan

Excellent build.

2 minutes ago, dragan_mig31 said:

Thanks guys.I am glad you like it.If only eduard would do the mig-23/27 family of aircraft in 1:72 scale.Or even 1:144th scale.It would make life much more easier for us who love the type.

Regards,Dragan

Would love a new tool 23 and 27 in 1/72, it just doesn't get the love like other MiG's.

47 minutes ago, dragan_mig31 said:

.If only eduard would do the mig-23/27 family of aircraft in 1:72 scale.Or even 1:144th scale.It would make life much more easier for us who love the type.

I certainly do. I was lucky to get to Mitiga in 2007 and spent some time around the Floggers there. They were MLDs and UBs.   A good kit would, I think, be attractive to many modellers.

Martin

That is really very nice indeed. I kept looking at this kit and never bought it...might change my mind now I've seen the end result 👍 Lovely camo scheme too. I built the RV Mig21 and didn't seem to encounter too many problems at all so thanks for the warning on this one. 

Lovely little MiG! Good to see a more "exotic" scheme, I like it. :thumbsup:

A pity Trumpeter screwed up their 1/48 MiG-23BN and -27...

For a great while I never cared for the Mig-23 but several years ago something clicked and I decided that I really like the look of the plane and wanted to tackle one.

Due to the slim selection of Mig-23 kits I have yet to add one to my collection of kits and I also have very little reference material on the bird.   But someday …..

Excellent result for your troubles.

Superb! Nice BN Dragan! Congrats! :clap: