Easy stug iii kits?

Adam Poultney

Are there any fairly easy stug iii kits around? But built a scale model tank before, I'd like to give it a go. 1/72 (or 1/48) preferred. 

I like the look of one of the variants a shorter cannon, would be a good one to go on the shelf I think

*Just caught the typo in the title.... Eat stug iii kits*

Edited by Adam Poultney

1 minute ago, Adam Poultney said:

Are there any fairly easy stug iii kits around? But built a scale model tank before, I'd like to give it a go. 1/72 (or 1/48) preferred. 

I like the look of one of the variants a shorter cannon, would be a good one to go on the shelf I think

Tamiya do one in 1/48th, and they are rated as decent kits. 

• Like 1

Just now, Troy Smith said:

Tamiya do one in 1/48th, and they are rated as decent kits. 

Not got horrificly complicated tracks I hear a lot about on tank kits, which is the only thing putting me off doing any. 

The Rubicon kits build up quite nicely and are simplified, being intended for wargaming and handling.  Hence the "odd" scale to match 28mm figures.  So perhaps a good place to start.

Other than that I second the recommendation of the Tamiya 1/48 kits.  One-piece metal lower hull with moulded-on suspension arms which screws to the upper hull.  "Link and length" is about as simple as tank tracks get.  You get long runs for the top and bottom and sometimes up and down front and back too.  Single links are used to go round the sprocket, idler, first and last roadwheels: there is no way to mould these shapes effectively in single pieces.

Can't offer any suggestions on smaller scales.