Airbrush nozzle cracked

AndrewMi

Photo of cracked nozzle 

Hi 

I've had my airbrush (sparmax SP-35) for about 2 months now and today, it started blowing bubbles in the cup. On closer inspection, I could see a crack on the nozzle. I was wondering how this could of happened and how to prevent it happening again. I haven't dropped the airbrush or removed the nozzle and clean it thoroughly after every use. 

Edited by AndrewMi
  • Like 1

If you didn't remove the nozzle and tried putting a reamer through it the only explanation would be the needle being pushed forward VERY aggressively. No saying you did that in full knowledge. Maybe when you put the needle in you pushed it really hard against the nozzle and locked it in place and later during airbrushing or even just blowing thinners you did that quick movement of the trigger (where you pull back all the way on the trigger and release it rather suddenly) trying to clean up the tip. Because the needle was already sitting very "forward" when you added the spring into the equation the nozzle couldn't take it anymore. It could also be a nozzle that perhaps wasn't very well made, even the best manufacturers can get it wrong.

It happens. @bmwh548 explained several mechanisms. You can try to be more careful, but it will happen. I always have a spare needle and nozzle on hand for when it does.

Edit: I just looked at the photo. Dude! That's seriously cracked! :surprised:

Edited by dnl42

22 minutes ago, bmwh548 said:

If you didn't remove the nozzle and tried putting a reamer through it the only explanation would be the needle being pushed forward VERY aggressively. No saying you did that in full knowledge. Maybe when you put the needle in you pushed it really hard against the nozzle and locked it in place and later during airbrushing or even just blowing thinners you did that quick movement of the trigger (where you pull back all the way on the trigger and release it rather suddenly) trying to clean up the tip. Because the needle was already sitting very "forward" when you added the spring into the equation the nozzle couldn't take it anymore. It could also be a nozzle that perhaps wasn't very well made, even the best manufacturers can get it wrong.

I think that could be what I did, when I clean it I do accidently release the trigger when it's pulled back soemtimes. It's just something I'm going to have to try not to do next time. 

Thanks for you advice