SAMI/SMMi Change owners

WarthogMKL

15 hours ago, Paperback writer said:

Those interested in the whys and wherefores of the above comments might like to look at the entries for Sam Publications Ltd and the new owners of the magazines, MA Publications Ltd on the Companies House web site.

I've no experience of interpreting these sort of documents, but if I've understood them correctly, the two companies are effectively the same (run by the same people) and HMRC and G Hatcher are left out of pocket?

Jon

21 hours ago, Paul Bradley said:

Well, what can I say? It took a month for a letter; and I was notified of a package being mailed over two weeks ago which has yet to arrive. Goodness knows where my other things are. Clearly our experiences are different! 😉

Having lived in the US for over 25 years, I am painfully aware of the slimming down of international mailing options, in both directions - surface mail, small packet, media mail have all gone by the board. 😒 Now we are left with 'First Class' and 'Priority' neither of which lives up to their billing IMHO.  But that's a whole different thread.....

Well, I can only speak how I find or in this case write. Ordered from Cult on Apl 21 - arrived May 1.

I would however agree the loss of small packet and the move to volumetric charging is a backward step.

Tommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

On 5/8/2020 at 9:52 AM, Jon Bryon said:

I've no experience of interpreting these sort of documents, but if I've understood them correctly, the two companies are effectively the same (run by the same people) and HMRC and G Hatcher are left out of pocket?

Jon

I think Mr Hatcher had left SAMI magazine some time back, for the other confusingly similar acronym magazine SAM - Scale Aircraft Modeller - owned by Guideline Publications.   I see that one director of Guideliine was previously a  Director of SAM Publications - a very small world it seems.

Mr H was last heard of by me getting involved with a rail magazine project. I don't know how that has gone, given current conditions. 

2 hours ago, John B (Sc) said:

I think Mr Hatcher had left SAMI magazine some time back, 

The documents at Companies House show that the monies involved relate to an Employment Tribunal decision in his favour.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 4:05 PM, Des said:

The documents at Companies House show that the monies involved relate to an Employment Tribunal decision in his favour.

Ah - thank you for that. I hadn't seen that.  Having now looked at some of the other documents I see what you mean.  And the same names cropping up again and again as Directors.   Interesting.  A shame for Gary.. 

Edited by John B (Sc)

On 5/8/2020 at 9:18 AM, WarthogMKL said:

Can you let us know when it does and if you have not got it by next Weds drop me a mail via the MA Publications web site and I will sort out.

@WarthogMKL Dropped an email through the contact page. Still not arrived sadly 😞 

Waited until this time in the afternoon, as our post seems to be arriving later and later in the day ! Postie has only just been round the estate about 30 mins ago and not a single bit of post (waiting on SAMI and a couple of other items to arrive by post), saw him just walk straight past the house....

Mine Finally arrive on Tuesday afternoon (that's when our post is arriving these days!)

@WarthogMKL Sorry forgot to mention as been a little preoccupied with a few things in the house over the last few days.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a nice surprise this morning when the June issue of SAMI dropped through the letter box. Nice one chaps and chapesses! I hope everyone else has the same surprise.

Ray

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/06/2020 at 19:46, Ray S said:

I had a nice surprise this morning when the June issue of SAMI dropped through the letter box. Nice one chaps and chapesses! I hope everyone else has the same surprise.

Ray

Not as yet. Anyone else got their June issue?

3 hours ago, Jabba said:

Not as yet. Anyone else got their June issue?

Yep - got mine last week, no problems this month... Had to chase up Model Airplane International from ADH (Doolittle Media) though this time round. Paid for on release (as per the website) nearly 3 weeks before it was received!

On 3/10/2020 at 8:33 AM, WarthogMKL said:

Straight from the horses mouth.

Last Friday the decision was made to produce a combined March/April issue.

Saw the magazine's in my local newsagent a couple of days ago and thought that the magazine has gone up by $5.00 from $11.50 to $16.50 locally.

4 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Saw the magazine's in my local newsagent a couple of days ago and thought that the magazine has gone up by $5.00 from $11.50 to $16.50 locally.

Yes the combined issues were more expensive but price returned to normal with subsequent single monthly issues.