This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

KRK4m

1/72 AFV wish list - something that kit manufacturers should look at

Couldn't find such a list there, so let's start.

And it's not a joke - I think that some kit manufacturers could find such a list useful.

1. AMX VCI - hope that ACE has one in the pipeline

2. BTR 50 - just a modification of PT-76 tank to be issued by Revell in 2020. Half of work is done already, so maybe...

3. 2S1 Gvozdika - just a modification of MT-LB. So maybe Modelcollect in the near future?

4. ZSU-23-4 - anybody? anywhere?

5. M114 troop carrier - no ideas :(

6. Chinese ZTZ-96 - maybe Trumpeter/HB ?

7. YW/WZ531 - as above

8. Soviet T-27 tankette - maybe Unimodel or Zvezda ?

9. YPR-765/AIFV/ACV-15 - to be based on any decent M113 kit

10. FV-101 Scorpion family - maybe Airfix once again? New tool in 1/72 please :)

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael,

It's might be a bit hard to find these days, but ACE did release 2S1 Gvozdika, back in 2001. I cannot attest to the accuracy of it though.

Myself, I'd love a Singapore Army Leopard 2SG, but Army is pretty secretive about the tank and people have noticed that there is some variation among the units. A guy in the know I spoke of said what's out there isn't definitive at the moment as they're still tweaking the design. A conversion kit is more likely since this is probably a pretty esoteric request.

Edited by Supertom
Forgot to add my wishlist item

18 hours ago, Murdo said:

FV 432

I have purchased one last year directly from the manufacturer - British S&M Models.

The 2019 new tool, really not very bad.

Frankly speaking the M47 Patton and M59 APC also need the 1/72 portraits desperately.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:07 PM, Supertom said:

It's might be a bit hard to find these days, but ACE did release 2S1 Gvozdika, back in 2001. I cannot attest to the accuracy of it though.

Urban legend says that it's pretty decent and accurate - regrettably it's impossible to find for last 10 years at least.

BTW I should add two Russian machines more - the WW2 T-37A floating tankette and the modern 2S3 Akatsiya (both available only as resin kits - pricey and hard to find).

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael 

Pretty sure S-model do the Chinese Ztz--96 and from what I remember it's a more of a proper kit than a lot of their offerings.

Ace also did the scorpion - not an easy build but a very comprehensive kit

Hope this helps

Ben

10 hours ago, badger said:

Pretty sure S-model do the Chinese Ztz--96 and from what I remember it's a more of a proper kit than a lot of their offerings.

Ace also did the scorpion - not an easy build but a very comprehensive kit

Hi Ben,

Pretty sure that S-model is the later ZTZ-99A. I have it in my stash, really good one.

But it's like the T-72 and T-90 or T-64 and T-80. ALMOST the same, but not THE same...

Scorpion is the same case as Gvozdika - ACE kits are really SHORT runs unobtainable 3-4 years after the release already.

And most of them are fairly decent. And regrettably not replicated by mainstream mfrs (e.g. BTR-50/PT-76, Gvozdika/MTLB family, FV100 family, a.s.o.)

Cheers

Michael

M107/M110/M110A - 3 variants with a common chassis

M44

Abbot

M40/M43 - again, common chassis with different guns and internals 

Sexton

Centurion BARV

Centurion AVRE 165

Hey, I like self propelled guns!

Injection moulded:

Valentine (2 pdr, 6 pdr and 75mm variants)

Archer

Bishop

And that's without really thinking about it.  +1 for Dave's Sexton.

Somewhere I still have an injection-moulded Conqueror: think it came as a load for my Tri-Ang well wagon back in the 60s.  Very crude: 2 parts - hull and turret!

A "Shilka" would be very nice....

Akatsia too, but from what I gather, almost impossible to find good data on it.

Soviet Floating tanks would be very good.

GaZ-66 in plastic - would be awesome! So many options.

And someone, please, give us a decent T-62 in plastic!

Ferret - is a funny little thing to put in the collection. Saxons - ungainly looking and weird.

A better M4A1 Halftrack...