Grumman TBF-1 Avenger, 1/72, Hobby 2000

I have just completed this model from Hobby 2000, It is a re run og the Hasegawa under new label. Very nice kit fit is perfect as can be expected from an Hasegawa kit.

The kit included the decals used on this model of the very well known burial at see of an airmann and his aircraft.

20200210_190310 20200210_190324 TBM-1C-Avenger-BuNo-46353-Bob-Cosgrove-with-Loyce-Deen-KIA-raid-on-IJN-cruiser-Manila-Bay-5-Nov-1944-01 tbm-tail-turret-shrowd Udklip

Cheers

Jes

• Like 21

Jes,

Great tribute model for a brave young man. The video of the dead gunner being fingerprinted as well as being pushed over the side in his TBF never fails to bring a tear to my eyes. Thanks for posting the photos of the crew- nice to put faces with the names.

Mike

I found the video of the event that Touvdal modeled. Doesn't come more heart-rending than this footage. I can only imagine how the pilot and crewmate felt, watching their TBF and gunner pushed over the side.

Edited by 72modeler
added link, text
  • Like 1

Another beautiful USN carrier-borne build!

Lo and behold, it is also another of these Hobby 2000 kits.

The original Hasegawa kits have been getting a bit harder to find, so this kit will hopefully lead to more on the shelves.

A very fine build and an interesting (though tragic) back story.

👍👍

• Like 1