T-55A suspension

Andy350

I am trying to find a good flat ride height for my T-55A.  Does the suspension work in a similar way to other vehicles, what I mean is, normal suspension has a degree of sag, the pre-determined squash effect of the vehicles weight, so that the wheels can drop out when moving over uneven terrain, if this is the case it would depend on load.  It could be <> 20%.  In some of the photos I have seen it looks like there isn't any sag.  

Not sure what you're getting at here mate.  All T-55 kits I've built (1/48 and up) or seen have the correct sag built into the kit, some have required the gluing of the tack to the upper part of the wheels to create it, Tamiya's earlier poly tracks where like this.  Their later kits and others Takom, Mang, Trumpeter etc have either link type or section track which forms sag very easily.

Have you bought a kit that has very tight tracks, or is 1/72 older kit say Airfix?    

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Kev The Modeller said:

Not sure what you're getting at here mate.  All T-55 kits I've built (1/48 and up) or seen have the correct sag built into the kit, some have required the gluing of the tack to the upper part of the wheels to create it, Tamiya's earlier poly tracks where like this.  Their later kits and others Takom, Mang, Trumpeter etc have either link type or section track which forms sag very easily.

Have you bought a kit that has very tight tracks, or is 1/72 older kit say Airfix?    

Hi, it's fairly new kit.  It has what I would call real movement of the wheel.  This is it.  I can leave it as it for now and fit the tracks later and see how it looks.