The Last Vigilante

reini

That’s a very nice cabinet, I need to invest in one as mine is completely full and won’t take anything ginger than a Mitchell.

this build is looking beautiful, nice work.

Rob

• Like 1

8 hours ago, reini said:

Little testing with the washes. Flory Models Dark Dirt has been my go-to wash, it goes with pretty much anything. But I just bought the Gray one too, and I thought it could work well with the light gray & white.

You get more contrast with the Dark Dirt, obviously it being darker, but it also makes it the plane look bit more dirty. In this case, I prefer the gray one, it still creates some subtle weathering that is great base for adding on more weathering. So Gray it is.

Something to maybe experiment with on a test subject would  be to use the gray on the upper surfaces and forward lower sections, then use some of the dirt on the aft lowers to hint at the fuel/hyd oil/engine oil that permeates the paint around the engines.

It's definitely turning out lovely.

• Like 1

@helios16v That is a viable idea! Bit late though! :D I was contemplating on using Dark Dirt wash on the upper side and Grey on the white - but decided not to. I decided that I would weather it with other methods.

spacer.png

First, some Streaking Effects & Washes.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And then some 'Engine Effects'. This are little bit thicker and are shiny. So good for details and refinement.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Never spent so much time on a canopy! :D I masked them from the inside too and added the PE parts.

spacer.png

Added some chipping and we are ready to put them on. Almost done! 

• Like 8

• 2 years later...