Fake aircraft remains....

…. on sale at the well known on line auction site. I typed in ',,,Canadian...' and to have a look to see what was around and came across a seller selling a battered part supposedly from a Spitfire  priced so far at £869!!! What the first thing I noticed was the RCAF roundel showing  a modern style maple leaf which did not appear until late 1960s!! Also a pair of clean 'bullet ' holes and dodgy looking rivet lines bendier than a dogs back leg!   Also in same listing fabric from a Hurricane and a 33" roundel supposedly from a EE Lightning. Now this roundel obviously painted on a sheet of metal is in completely wrong colours  and very badly done let alone the size that I believe should be 36" am I right? Take a look and see for yourselves. Who ever is trying to fob these and other parts claimed to be from aircraft as real is probably rubbing their hands with glee in selling worthless junk!  Will they get away with it??

• Like 1

You could try reporting them to eBay, see what happens.  They're usually fairly good about counterfeit stuff, though this might be a bit trickier to persuade them over than, say, a bottle of green Chanel.

On 2/12/2020 at 8:08 PM, Paul J said:

I typed in ',,,Canadian...' and to have a look to see what was around

You're going to have to give a bit more detail on the search terms. All I get is endless listings for Canadian maple syrup and such like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found 'em.

The "bullet" holes look seriously fake.

He claims to have provenance on the Hurri skin though...

22 hours ago, Tzulscha said:

I found 'em.

The "bullet" holes look seriously fake.

He claims to have provenance on the Hurri skin though...

Even the shape of the panel looks very suspect let alone the wonky rivet lines. The Hurricane fabric I'm not so sure about nor the Stuka fin .

• Like 1

The Hurricane fabric. The letter says starboard side, yet it's from the Port side. It might be genuine though. 

The 'Ju87 panel' looks like it could be from an Aircraft.

The other bits are very doubtful. Painted with a bit of stick?

The 'Spitfire' piece is seriously dodgy. Clearly fake. The price is outrageous. In fact all the prices are too high. There's a very suspicious German WW2 helmet. Probably the most faked piece of militaria. There's also a US M1 helmet described as WW2 but is clearly from the seventies. 

There's also an actual WW2 M1 helmet  but massively over priced. I have a few WW2 helmets and one WW1. At those prices I'm rich! 

There is so much money in militaria these days that fakery is rife. 

Edited by noelh
  • Sad 1

And the Italian UXO sign mentions a (civilian) company which celebrated the 25th anniversary of its foundation in 1971... Interesting in its own right, but it's industrial vintage, not militaria.

An identical one was sold on an Italian auction site for €40.