Less Than A Tenner GB Chat

PlaStix

Found a couple I bought new.  1/72 Hasegawa S-3A ($9.99) and a Special Hobby AH-1G ($12.49).

It will likely be either the Cobra or a second-hand kit from a model show though.  The S-3A is currently earmarked for an ES-3A conversion & wingfold upgrade (as part of a planned CVW-11 line up), which would take that build outside the spirit of the build (5 times the cost of the kit in resin updates/mods).  I'll probably want to try to stay OOB build with this GB, unless I need replacement decals due to deterioration or just flat out missing).  Though if another cheap S-3 turns up, the Viking is back in the hot seat.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ProjeKtWEREWOLF said:

May I please be added to the group build? It would be my first. I'm a real novice but I'd like to have a bash. Thanks. 

Be warned, this is a GB proposal, which has to:

1.  Get sufficient numbers - 30 for a GB like this (I'm sure it will).

2.  Get through the annual poll in November (again, I'm sure it will).

3.  Get a slot - that could be any when next year.

If you want to join a GB, there's always one on the go - see the current ones here , if none of these take your fancy, look here to see what's coming up.

Don't worry about being a novice, we've all been there.  You'll be welcomed and encouraged and when this one's turn comes around you'll be eager to participate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helios16v said:

Found a couple I bought new.  1/72 Hasegawa S-3A ($9.99) and a Special Hobby AH-1G ($12.49).

It will likely be either the Cobra or a second-hand kit from a model show though.  The S-3A is currently earmarked for an ES-3A conversion & wingfold upgrade (as part of a planned CVW-11 line up), which would take that build outside the spirit of the build (5 times the cost of the kit in resin updates/mods).  I'll probably want to try to stay OOB build with this GB, unless I need replacement decals due to deterioration or just flat out missing).  Though if another cheap S-3 turns up, the Viking is back in the hot seat.

You are way more organised than I am!

1 hour ago, badger said:

Sign me up for this one please - took part in the first one and really enjoyed it.

Great to have you interested in this GB, Badger. I'm hoping it will be as much fun as the first one!

52 minutes ago, ProjeKtWEREWOLF said:

May I please be added to the group build? It would be my first. I'm a real novice but I'd like to have a bash. Thanks. 

Hi PW. I have added you to the list at number 18. Welcome and I'm very pleased you are on board for this GB. As Wez mentions though, this GB won't be until next year and will have to win a place in the calendar.You could try another GB beforehand - they are always very supportive for newer members.

44 minutes ago, NorwegianWood said:

I'm signing in for this one. Started and failed 6 years ago so could only get better 😄

Hi NW and it's great to have you interested in this GB as well. Hopefully, if it goes ahead - you'll have better luck getting something (or a couple of somethings) finished.

.........and we're up to 19 people interested in taking part if this GB goes ahead next year.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

No receipts or evidence kept I'm afraid, but the well known Aldi special offer Fw.190 will most likely be the chosen effort and/or the Airfix 1/72 Me.262 bought for £7 from an under the table box at the Gloucester model show last year. Of course there's plenty of time to bag further bargains!

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkSH said:

No receipts or evidence kept I'm afraid, but the well known Aldi special offer Fw.190 will most likely be the chosen effort and/or the Airfix 1/72 Me.262 bought for £7 from an under the table box at the Gloucester model show last year. Of course there's plenty of time to bag further bargains!

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi Mark. Great to see you here and you are number 20 on the list! Receipts not necessary for taking part, as long as you are not claiming that Tamiya 1/16 Abrams cost you a fiver from your local newsagent! 😜

Kind regards,

Stix

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MarkSH said:

Oops I am number 10 and 20 is it 1 place per build?

:banghead: :banghead:...sorry Mark....that's me not checking! Just number 10 for you but as many builds as you would like!!

I need to lie down......

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

Great idea PlaStix,   I built a  £9.99 Buccaneer last time.

Stash survey shows nothing actually priced £9.99 (that's not earmarked for a 2020GB).

Then 77 kits for less than £10 - some will be built this year.   I'm in - again.

I've left out those that I didn't pay for.

Some interesting subjects in there.

Edited  -  went with this Cutlass.  £4.99 Ebay win.

00-Fujimi-Cutlass.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Great idea PlaStix,   I built a  £9.99 Buccaneer last time.

Stash survey shows nothing actually priced £9.99 (that's not earmarked for a 2020GB).

Then 77 kits for less than £10 - some will be built this year.   I'm in - again.

Some interesting subjects in there.

Great to have you interested in this GB Tim and I'm very pleased you like the idea.

77! Wow! You certainly have a few to chose from!

Hopefully this GB will get through the bunfight at the end of the year so we can see a few of them being built!

6 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Permission to come aboard, I missed this one last time, plenty of potential victims in the stash.

@Speedman was on fire in the last one, seems almost rude not to invite him to the sequel !

Cheers Pat

Hi Pat and you are certainly welcome on board! The last version of this GB was fantastic - I’m pretty sure it had the most completed builds in the Gallery in that period......I think it's only been passed in terms of completions a couple of times since.

And good idea about tagging in Speedman. When I get chance I will tag in the others who took part in the first version of this GB and anyone else is welcome to tag in anyone they think might be interested in taking part.

Only 9 more signups and we're in the bunfight at the end of the year!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stevej60 said:

I'm up for this one all the way!

Hi Steve and thank you for signing up. Great to have you here.

2 hours ago, srkirad said:

Stix, sign me up - I have few candidates, and some of them had ridiculously low price :D

Thanks,

S.

Hi S and thank you very much too for your interest. If we get through the vote at the end of the year I will look forward to seeing one or two of your bargains in progress.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@JOCKNEY had the idea of tagging in @Speedman to let him know about this proposed GB idea. I thought that was good idea as there was a lot people taking part last time who might enjoy another similar GB.

So I will tag everyone who took part last time and who hasn't signed up yet - to see if you are interested in having some fun building a cheap kit. Please let me know if you are interested by replying below.

@Jherek @hgbn @Filler @Bristolhibby @Wolwe82 @Deacon @AndyC @sdk_uk @paganpete @MPaul @Stew Dapple @rkennerley @Alex Gordon @Stu_davros @Natter @Enzo Matrix @Dazzio @Bengalensis @AdrianMF @Hardtarget @Smudge @Tomjw @Jockster @snapper_city @Caerbannog @Hammasphee @Doug Rogers @moaning dolphin @mackem01 @Graham77 @DaveJL @Misterfriend @zero @EricP @Derbyeomanry @Albeback52 @bobster @Commontsar @wellsprop @ancient mariner @mungo1974 @Hotel Papa @The dragonborn @gorilla @Icarus @Severus @atvd1020 @topgear29 @Step @shelfspace @Swamp Donkey @Rickpadwick1801 @kwaterous @thepureness @Atom.uk @dazdot @georgeusa @Prenton @richellis @Robert Stuart @techniquest @stevehed @Radleigh

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

That's cheeky Stix!

Well you know me Robert!! ......needs must! :wink:

44 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Alright, you've got me.
Probably a quick build 1/72 ?something? from the stash

Great stuff!! Sounds like a plan!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

@JOCKNEY had the idea of tagging in @Speedman to let him know about this proposed GB idea. I thought that was good idea as there was a lot people taking part last time who might enjoy another similar GB.

So I will tag everyone who took part last time and who hasn't signed up yet - to see if you are interested in having some fun building a cheap kit. Please let me know if you are interested by replying below.

@Jherek @hgbn @Filler @Bristolhibby @Wolwe82 @Deacon @AndyC @sdk_uk @paganpete @MPaul @Stew Dapple @rkennerley @Alex Gordon @Stu_davros @Natter @Enzo Matrix @Dazzio @Bengalensis @AdrianMF @Hardtarget @Smudge @Tomjw @Jockster @snapper_city @Caerbannog @Hammasphee @Doug Rogers @moaning dolphin @mackem01 @Graham77 @DaveJL @Misterfriend @zero @EricP @Derbyeomanry @Albeback52 @bobster @Commontsar @wellsprop @ancient mariner @mungo1974 @Hotel Papa @The dragonborn @gorilla @Icarus @Severus @atvd1020 @topgear29 @Step @shelfspace @Swamp Donkey @Rickpadwick1801 @kwaterous @thepureness @Atom.uk @dazdot @georgeusa @Prenton @richellis @Robert Stuart @techniquest @stevehed @Radleigh

Kind regards,

Stix

image.jpg?w=576&c=1

Is my arm supposed to go this far up my back?

Go on then,count me in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5