Less Than A Tenner GB Chat

PlaStix

Well it seems like we have reached the 5th August already!! Where has the time gone?! We now have just one calendar month until the end of this GB! The final day to get your completed projects in the Gallery will be Sunday 5th August - in four weeks and three days! We already have 48 fantastic, completed builds in the Gallery! Hopefully we'll have a few more added over the next month.......including mine.......I hope!!

If you are still working on your projects, I hope they go well and I will try and catch up with a few more builds in the near future. Good luck!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 3

• PlaStix changed the title to Less Than A Tenner GB Chat - one month to go!!

Thanks for the reminder @PlaStix.  My new fan arrived this week so I can resume spraying.  Guess I should look into dragging one of those little 1/100 Tamiya kits out this weekend and see if I can get one knocked out.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 11:18 AM, PlaStix said:

Well it seems like we have reached the 5th August already!! Where has the time gone?! We now have just one calendar month until the end of this GB! The final day to get your completed projects in the Gallery will be Sunday 5th August - in four weeks and three days! We already have 48 fantastic, completed builds in the Gallery! Hopefully we'll have a few more added over the next month.......including mine.......I hope!!

If you are still working on your projects, I hope they go well and I will try and catch up with a few more builds in the near future. Good luck!

Kind regards,

Stix

Clearly time to hit the mojo boost button, well maybe after the weekend🤔

• Like 2

• PlaStix changed the title to Less Than A Tenner GB Chat - Less than one month to go!!

@PlaStix, can I please just have a bit of clarification? I am building the Airfix Albatros DVa, but it needs a little help. The prop is beyond use, and the guns supplied are, how shall I put it?, rubbish. I have a Roden Albatros DI and it has a spare prop (I will use the Airfix spinner) and a couple of spare guns. Can you give me the okay to use them please, they will constitute a very small %age of the build, but they really are needed.

Many thanks, and a huge thankyou for looking after us all in this great Group Build.

Ray

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray S said:

@PlaStix, can I please just have a bit of clarification? I am building the Airfix Albatros DVa, but it needs a little help. The prop is beyond use, and the guns supplied are, how shall I put it?, rubbish. I have a Roden Albatros DI and it has a spare prop (I will use the Airfix spinner) and a couple of spare guns. Can you give me the okay to use them please, they will constitute a very small %age of the build, but they really are needed.

Many thanks, and a huge thankyou for looking after us all in this great Group Build.

Ray

In case the answer is delayed: I got an ok to use a spare Roden engine for my old Airfix 504 - this seems completely analoguous.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ray S said:

Ray

Hi Ray. Yes that all sounds perfectly acceptable to me.

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2021 at 11:18 AM, PlaStix said:

Well it seems like we have reached the 5th August already!! Where has the time gone?! We now have just one calendar month until the end of this GB!

This is that rare occasion when I can put my hands behind my head and lean back in my chair with a smug look on my face, safe in the knowledge that my modest submission was banked in the gallery weeks ago. I've come a cropper more than once by overfacing myself by going for long, complex builds for GBs and trying to fit them round (or rather balance them with) the other stuff that I have going on in life. This GB has told me that for GB purposes a little single-engined prop can be massively satisfying and no less valid. Thanks for hosting, @PlaStix!

• Like 5

Finally, with just a few weeks to go, my projected build list, all The One True Scale:

Airfix Tiger I ("new" kit, placeholder thread already started)

Italeri A-10

Revell (ex-Trumpeter) An-2

Revell (ex-Lindberg) He 162

Airfix Hawker Hunter FGA.9

Airfix Tiger Moth ("new" kit, "starter pack" boxing)

There is a reasoning behind each choice, other than them just being cheap, which will be explained in each build thread.

And there's also the Bf 109 GB to contend with over the next few weeks. Sheesh ...

• Like 2

• PlaStix changed the title to Less Than A Tenner GB Chat - Less than three weeks to go!!
  • PlaStix changed the title to Less Than A Tenner GB Chat - Less than TWO weeks to go!!
On 15/08/2021 at 16:53, Marklo said:

Less than a tenner II anybody ?

17 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Sign me up!! :)

17 hours ago, Ravnos said:

Likewise :)

15 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Yeah, me too; it would be great to build all the kits I'd intended to build in this GB!

Hi @Marklo, @AdrianMF, @Ravnos and @jackroadkill

I'm glad you all have obviously enjoyed this GB enough, to want to do it again! This was, in fact, the Less Than A Tenner 'II' GB - the 'II' got missed off the title. Under the new (from last year) GB rules, there now has to be three years between the same GB being repeated. So I'll try and remember to propose the LTAT III GB in a couple of years time!

We currently have 60 fantastic completed builds in the Gallery. Hopefully we'll have a few more over the next couple of weeks.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 3

I've just finished an inventory, stock checking and re-boxing of my stash/stock and I've found three contenders which I might like to do. 

I have very many more which fit this GB but these three tickle my toes

I need to check certain things about one of the contenders though

Question; Would I need to start a new WiP thread? or just carry on from my Dee-Arrs?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

I need to check certain things about one of the contenders though

I've just added up the prices of the kit and aftermarket parts I'd bought for it and the total is . . . . . . drum-roll. . . . . £9.16 !

• Like 4

I'll sneak in with this one if I may, the Airfix Chance Vought F4U-1D in the Red Stripe packaging. I think Airfix are still producing this kit with different decals but not in the delicious sea blue plastic of yesteryear! The plan will be to keep as much of that original plastic showing as poss. and so reduce build time! I checked and I paid under a tenner for this from e-bay some years ago.

nLaojJr.jpg

VINTAGE AIRFIX BAGGED KIT F4U 1D CORSAIR 1/72 PATTERN NUMBER 115VINTAGE AIRFIX BAGGED KIT F4U 1D CORSAIR 1/72 PATTER... (151286421113)£7.48

Member ID rip1704 | Feedback score of 2948 | 99.7% Sale date: 27/04/14

Edited by Ventora3300
  • Like 3