Less Than A Tenner GB Chat

PlaStix

Right I'll throw my hat in the ring with this one then

It was a charity shop find for £9-50, but gave the the tenner because that's the kind of high roller I am ;) 

I've only ever built 1 bike before and it didn't go well, so this could be entertaining 

20210418_165227_resized

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

My third and final build secured,Italeri 1/72 Flanker still sealed for £6.50 on that auction site,should sit well with the F-15 in the flanker scheme.

• Like 3

Hi all. I hope everyone is keeping well and are ready for the kick off for this GB in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!! :frantic:

The time has flown since I proposed this GB and now it's almost here!!!

I'm still finishing off a build in the Panzer III STGB and then I'll get my first two kits washed and ready for the start on SATURDAY 15TH MAY!!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 8

Okay, I'm in. I just need to check out my stash. Favourite at the moment is a battered Italeri 1/72 Flying Boxcar which I picked up for £8 from my club a year ago.

Looking forward to this. It's been ages since I put any of my builds online. And it's been even longer since I took part in a group build.

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 3

This one has sneaked up on me, I've got unfinished builds all over the place :frantic:

Really need to get some finished before I start yet another one.

However that won't stop me looking out my next victim.

Cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tomjw said:

Okay, I'm in. I just need to check out my stash. Favourite at the moment is a battered Italeri 1/72 Flying Boxcar which I picked up for £8 from my club a year ago.

Looking forward to this. It's been ages since I put any of my builds online. And it's been even longer since I took part in a group build.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom. Great to have you along. I'm pleased this GB has encouraged to put a build online again and, indeed, take part in a GB! I'm looking forward to following your build. I have added you to the list in my the first post and you are on at number 80! Eighty signups for a GB is pretty impressive!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomjw said:

Cheers,

Tom

I bought one of those Boxcars (the original G version) back in 1991 for IR £ 8.50 (maybe STG £8?). Then some years later I decided to give it away as a gift (long story), Then a few years ago I managed to pick up another one second-hand for just 15 Euro. I also have the AC-119K and C-119C kits, the latter with the Dodge truck and reference booklet. I like to think of kits such as these as part of my retirement plans, but if the opportunity (excuse?) arises to build one over the next few years, who knows?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, klr said:

I bought one of those Boxcars (the original G version) back in 1991 for IR £ 8.50 (maybe STG £8?). Then some years later I decided to give it away as a gift (long story), Then a few years ago I managed to pick up another one second-hand for just 15 Euro. I also have the AC-119K and C-119C kits, the latter with the Dodge truck and reference booklet. I like to think of kits such as these as part of my retirement plans, but if the opportunity (excuse?) arises to build one over the next few years, who knows?

A great collection forming. I'm looking forward to seeing those being build at some point.

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 1

Hi @fmichelsen and welcome to this GB. I have added you to the list in my first post where you are number 81!

I'm looking forward to following your build.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Today's journey into the stash, flushed out a classic for this GB.

Still with the price label on, which has a story behind it.

It was bought for a knockdown price with my paper round money back in the late 1970's, a case of being in the right place at the right time.

Being a tease, I'll keep what it is, till the start of the GB, however it's a much bigger more complicated build than I had planned so I had better get some of my current ones done before starting yet another one !

Cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/05/2021 at 12:29, Muchmirth said:

Hi Stix, As you'll see from message before, I'd like to join this one if possible?

Not sure which one I'll do yet, possiably a 1/72 is-2 I have in the stash.

Hi Muchmirth. Welcome to the GB which now starts in just one week! I have added you to the list in my first post. I'm looking forard to following your build, whatever you decide to make.

On 05/05/2021 at 22:20, JOCKNEY said:

Today's journey into the stash, flushed out a classic for this GB.

Still with the price label on, which has a story behind it.

It was bought for a knockdown price with my paper round money back in the late 1970's, a case of being in the right place at the right time.

Being a tease, I'll keep what it is, till the start of the GB, however it's a much bigger more complicated build than I had planned so I had better get some of my current ones done before starting yet another one !

Cheers Pat

Hi Pat. I am definitely intrigued as to what you might be making! I can't wait to see what it is!

Kind regards,

Stix 

Only one week untill the start!

Dear all,

@Jb65rams, @Black Knight, @vppelt68, @PLC1966, @Arniec, @Ted, @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @CliffB, @MarkSH, @Adam Poultney, @klr, @Erwin, @helios16v, @Ozzy, @Wez, @badger, @ProjeKtWEREWOLF, @NorwegianWood, @theplasticsurgeon, @JOCKNEY, @stevej60, @srkirad, @moaning dolphin, @Robert Stuart, @Redstaff, @Alex Gordon, @AdrianMF, @Albeback52, @Tomjw, @Graham77, @Smudge, @MPaul, @Valkyrie, @Bengalensis, @Natter, @modelling minion, @Tim R-T-C, @Doug Rogers, @Misterfriend, @stevehed, @HoolioPaulio, @nimrod54, @janneman36, @Yetifan, @Hewy, @peterairfix, @Torbjorn, @Hockeyboy76, @moviedrone, @Threadbear, @Adrian Hills, @reini, @grufsnik, @Marklo, @TonyW, @wimbledon99, @zebra, @almac, @stevehnz, @halfwit, @TimJ, @bianfuxia, @JeroenS, @TonyOD, @Ned, @Richard Tucker, @Ray S, @jackroadkill, @Mjwomack, @rob Lyttle, @GrahamCC, @Beermonster1958, @tangerine_sedge, @Anatol Pigwa, @John Masters, @Six97s, @Tomjw, @fmichelsen, @Muchmirth

ONE WEEK TO GO!!

I hope everyone is keeping well and that you are all ready for the start of this GB next Saturday!! (15th May 2021)

I'm hoping to get my two kits washed, in warm soapy water, later today so I can start first thing next Saturday morning.

@Enzo Matrix usually starts the GB area for a new GB, sometime during the week before the start date, in the Current Group Build section. Make sure you keep checking the Current Group Build section over the next week and you can start your thread during the next week....but don't start your actual build until Saturday 15th May.

I'm looking forward to seeing all your projects get underway.

Take care and stay well.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

• PlaStix changed the title to Less Than A Tenner 2 - Saturday 15th May 2021 to Sunday 5th September 2021 - ONE WEEK TO GO!!

@PlaStix, I had not forgotten (which is a miracle!) and will be in for this, but I have two other GB's in progress at the moment, so I will be a bit late joining. I will be keeping up with the builds though!

I am looking forward to the time I can join in!

Ray

• Like 1

Benefit of having my stash details on Excel!

Filter out those vouched and planned for other GBs, then sort on price paid.

In the spirit of the rules, I eliminated those (gifts) costing me 0.

Just 35 left to choose from.   Grand reveal - next weekend.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Benefit of having my stash details on Excel!

My Excel is at the original version...stacks of old cardboard boxes!  It's really fun digging about and re-organizing, etc...

25 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Filter out those vouched and planned for other GBs, then sort on price paid.

Wow!  That is highly organized...

I better get a move-on with the three builds currently on my bench.  If I am industrious I might be able to have tow of them finished by the time this GB begins!  

For this one I chose the first three that fit the bill.  I am sure there are more.  Two were in Euros (7.90€ and 5.90€ respectively) so they work out to £6.87 and £5.13 in today's market.  Then there is the kit that is still in its shrink-wrap with a sticker on it that says clearly £1.75.  I think I'll start with that one!  

51165349493_28920650e7_c_d.jpg

--John

• Like 2

I'll probably just end up doing one of Tamiya's classic 1/100 kits that I picked up for $2.50 on a clearance sale.  Quick n' dirty...then I can carry on with the other planned (and in-progress) builds.

One I did for the Blitzenbuild last year.
50768785513_55a68a2ff2_c.jpg

• Like 6

I really need to monitor my GBs better!

Got an open Desert Storm and Africa GB to finish this month, Unarmed underway and pledges for T6 and non-injection.

So of course today I started a Panzer III GB build 😏

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

I really need to monitor my GBs better!

Got an open Desert Storm and Africa GB to finish this month, Unarmed underway and pledges for T6 and non-injection.

So of course today I started a Panzer III GB build 😏

Spreadsheets.... :penguin:

They are the answer to all your problems.  :wicked:

• Like 3