Less Than A Tenner GB Chat

PlaStix

On 23/08/2021 at 23:30, Black Knight said:

I've just finished an inventory, stock checking and re-boxing of my stash/stock and I've found three contenders which I might like to do. 

I have very many more which fit this GB but these three tickle my toes

I need to check certain things about one of the contenders though

Question; Would I need to start a new WiP thread? or just carry on from my Dee-Arrs?

Sorry for the slow reply.

Whichever suits you is fine with me.

Kind regards,

Stix

23 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Hope the powers don’t mind I’ve edited my hustler pics as I’d forgotten the fuselage windows 

Not a problem at all Stu.

Kind regards,

Stix

Well, with just six days to go as I write this, we have a fantastic 68 utterly superb builds in our Gallery!

Good luck to anyone still building and I hope you manage to get it/them finished and five photos in the Gallery by 23.59 this coming Sunday 5th September.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

On 25/08/2021 at 21:42, Ventora3300 said:

I'll sneak in with this one if I may, the Airfix Chance Vought F4U-1D in the Red Stripe packaging

Oooh, classic box art! One of my favourites - my brother built it when we were kids and we had a “no duplicates” pact. If only the plastic was as good as the picture… Looking forwards to seeing you do this!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I completed my Spitfire just in time, thanks for hosting a great GB @PlaStix.  Question though, what happens to my stalled EC135 build thread?  Do I start a new one in the Aircraft WiP room or can the existing thread be moved?  I don't mind either way just don't want to start a duplicate thread if I don't need to.

Thanks again, and well done all who joined in some great models in the gallery :)

Paul

• Like 1

• PlaStix changed the title to Less Than A Tenner GB Chat - LESS THAN ONE EVENING TO GO!!!!!
On 04/09/2021 at 13:01, HoolioPaulio said:

Well I completed my Spitfire just in time, thanks for hosting a great GB @PlaStix.  Question though, what happens to my stalled EC135 build thread?  Do I start a new one in the Aircraft WiP room or can the existing thread be moved?  I don't mind either way just don't want to start a duplicate thread if I don't need to.

Thanks again, and well done all who joined in some great models in the gallery :)

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your comments and I have moved your project to the Aircraft Work in Progress section. Hope that's okay.

Kind regards,

Stix

Dear all,

I had hoped to be able to get round to commenting in everyone's builds over this past week but it's been one of those weeks!! Not a bad week, but just very busy.

Well done to the 77 modellers who have got their fantastic builds into the Gallery. Hopefully we'll have a few more before 23.59 this evening - about 4 hours from now.

Good luck to anyone still building!

I will try and get around to commenting in people's threads over the next day or so and will look to set up a poll (or maybe several!)

Thank you to everyone who has taken part and to all those who have supported those taking part.

Please keep checking back for when the poll(s) are up.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Dear Stix,

Thank you for running a really enjoyable GB! It has been great fun.

Regards,

Adrian

Hear hear - I really enjoyed the GB and will look forward to participating in the next LTAT in a few years.

• Like 1

• PlaStix changed the title to Less Than A Tenner GB Chat - GB Finished, but keep an eye for the poll starting

Hi Stix,

just wanted to echo Adrian's and Jack's comments, and say a big "thank you" for running this GB. I'm sure we've all had a lot of fun, I know I have, and its encouraged me to actually complete something, too!

Kind regards,

Mark

As the others have said,

Thanks very much Stix, as you know this was my first GB and I've had a blast, it was a lot of fun and you and everyone else have made it a fantastic experience, I'll definitely be sticking around! can't wait for the next one :)

• Like 2

I have to agree,it's been a fun,busy and varied Group Build with all sorts to see.Does rooting through a skip like I did count as aftermarket?

The gallery is filled with splendid finished items and there are some ambitious builds that didn't quite make it.Well done to all who joined in it was well worth the effort.

Should we give Mark @snapper_city a ping and see what he has to say,being as he ran the first one and couldn't join in this time due to circumstances.

My thanks again to @PlaStix for doing the deed,cheers old chum it's been a treat :goodjob: .

On 06/09/2021 at 05:27, AdrianMF said:

Dear Stix,

Thank you for running a really enjoyable GB! It has been great fun.

Regards,

Adrian

On 06/09/2021 at 08:37, jackroadkill said:

Hear hear - I really enjoyed the GB and will look forward to participating in the next LTAT in a few years.

On 06/09/2021 at 12:25, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Stix,

just wanted to echo Adrian's and Jack's comments, and say a big "thank you" for running this GB. I'm sure we've all had a lot of fun, I know I have, and its encouraged me to actually complete something, too!

Kind regards,

Mark

On 06/09/2021 at 12:29, Ravnos said:

As the others have said,

Thanks very much Stix, as you know this was my first GB and I've had a blast, it was a lot of fun and you and everyone else have made it a fantastic experience, I'll definitely be sticking around! can't wait for the next one :)

On 09/09/2021 at 02:35, sardaukar said:

Hi Stix

To echo others its been a great group build, less than a tenner is a great idea, no aftermarket shenanigans just straight out of the box. 

Its been fun. cheers. 

20 hours ago, Alex Gordon said:

I have to agree,it's been a fun,busy and varied Group Build with all sorts to see.Does rooting through a skip like I did count as aftermarket?

The gallery is filled with splendid finished items and there are some ambitious builds that didn't quite make it.Well done to all who joined in it was well worth the effort.

Should we give Mark @snapper_city a ping and see what he has to say,being as he ran the first one and couldn't join in this time due to circumstances.

My thanks again to @PlaStix for doing the deed,cheers old chum it's been a treat :goodjob: .

Dear all. Thank you very much for your very kind comments. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching your builds. We have 84 superb builds in the Gallery - which is fantastic!!

Now this, of course, has caused me some problems. The forum software only allows 75 choices in a poll.......ask me how I know!!! :doh: Yes, I'd entered 75 modellers names and build titles and then the software wouldn't let me add any more!!! :banghead: So, rather than ask people if they don't want to be included in the poll, I have created two initial polls, from which, the top voted for builds, from both, will be entered into a final poll. There is a flying things poll and and everything else poll. In these initial two polls you can vote for your five favourite builds in each poll. At the end of these polls - which will be at midday on Sunday 19th September - I will transfer the top 18 flying things models and the top 7 everything else models into the final poll - which I will probably let run for the following week.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE IN BOTH POLLS

I do appreciate that it's not as easy having the polls seperate from the Gallery, but this is the only way I could think of having a fair poll.

I now declare the polls OPEN!!!

Kind regards,

Stix

PS I must also thank @Mrs PlaStix who very kindly typed out all the modellers names and build titles into one list that I could copy and paste from. :thumbsup:

PS2 I have no idea why the poll looks the way it does!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• PlaStix changed the title to Less Than A Tenner GB Chat - THE POLLS ARE OPEN!! Please come and vote!
3 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

can only vote for one build in the third aircraft section or is that by design @PlaStix

Nope! That's me not ticking the box for multiple choice! Please try again now Stu.

• Like 1

Hi,

@wimbledon99, @Hockeyboy76, @GREG DESTEC, @Adam Poultney, @jackroadkill, @TonyW, @AdrianMF, @Jb65rams, @Black Knight, @airfixpeter, @nimrod54, @theplasticsurgeon, @stevej60, @moviedrone, @PeterB, @modelling minion, @John Masters, @Bodmin, @Ned, @Ozzy, @825, @Icarus, @DaveyGair, @fmichelsen, @TonyOD, @Alex Gordon, @Marklo, @Muchmirth, @JOCKNEY, @Troy Smith, @Ray S, @sardaukar, @stevehed, @Ravnos, @PhantomBigStu, @Torbjorn, @stevehnz, @srkirad, @Avereda, @HoolioPaulio, @Dave_R, @bianfuxia, @CliffB, @Natter, @2996 Victor, @Mjwomack, @JeroenS, @Prenton, @Ventora3300 and @heloman1.

I'm sure some of you will have already realised that the polls are now open and voting is underway. If you haven't voted yet, please make sure you do so by Sunday at mid day (UK Time).

If you don't already know:

The forum software only allows 75 choices in a poll.......ask me how I know!!!  Yes, I'd entered 75 modellers names and build titles and then the software wouldn't let me add any more!!!  So, rather than ask people if they don't want to be included in the poll, I have created two initial polls, from which, the top voted for builds, from both, will be entered into a final poll. There is a flying things poll and and everything else poll. In these initial two polls you can vote for your five favourite builds in each poll. At the end of these polls - which will be at midday on Sunday 19th September - I will transfer up to 18 flying things models and up to 7 everything else models which get the most votes, into the final poll - which I will probably let run for the following week or two.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE IN BOTH POLLS

I do appreciate that it's not as easy having the polls separate from the Gallery, but this is the only way I could think of having a fair poll.

Thank you to everyone who has voted already.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I'd be quite happy with no voting. I don't enter competitions - life is competitive enough! I do GBs for the community of a group of people getting on with a common theme/subject. But each to their own...

[edit] plus it's so damned hard pulling out your favourites from such a great line up!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 7

Likewise, just happy to have participated. I enjoyed my build even though time was short as I came late to the build. Thanks to all the participants.

I've only ever once built for a contest, yes I participate but that's not my aim. I like to show my models and if they put a smile on just one other modellers face, job done!

Colin

• Like 3

Hi all,

First off - congratulations to @Torbjorn and @CliffB for gaining the most votes in the two initial polls. Now it's time for the final! Thank you to all the modellers who voted in the initial polls.

@wimbledon99, @Hockeyboy76, @GREG DESTEC, @Adam Poultney, @jackroadkill, @TonyW, @AdrianMF, @Jb65rams, @Black Knight, @airfixpeter, @nimrod54, @theplasticsurgeon, @stevej60, @moviedrone, @PeterB, @modelling minion, @John Masters, @Bodmin, @Ned, @Ozzy, @825, @Icarus, @DaveyGair, @fmichelsen, @TonyOD, @Alex Gordon, @Marklo, @Muchmirth, @JOCKNEY, @Troy Smith, @Ray S, @sardaukar, @stevehed, @Ravnos, @PhantomBigStu, @Torbjorn, @stevehnz, @srkirad, @Avereda, @HoolioPaulio, @Dave_R, @bianfuxia, @CliffB, @Natter, @2996 Victor, @Mjwomack, @JeroenS, @Prenton, @Ventora3300 and @heloman1.

The poll for the final voting is now open.

Please make sure you vote for your favourite build before mid day next Sunday - 26th September.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 10