Less Than A Tenner GB Chat

PlaStix

Can I have a ruling on a possible second build please @PlaStix? The kit comes in comfortably below the tenner, but I would want to use aftermarket decals that were sent to me free, gratis and for nothing by a fellow Britmodeller, Would this be eligible? Ta.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moviedrone said:

Okay, so I have a cheap Revell X-Wing that was £6. I was thinking of painting it as a kind of modern RAF type with some decals from my stash. Would that be okay?

Hi moviedrone, Yes that is perfectly acceptable. Looking forward to seeing your RAF X-Wing.

Kind regards,

Stix

1 hour ago, TonyOD said:

Can I have a ruling on a possible second build please @PlaStix? The kit comes in comfortably below the tenner, but I would want to use aftermarket decals that were sent to me free, gratis and for nothing by a fellow Britmodeller, Would this be eligible? Ta.

Hi Tony. Yes I think that should be okay. They're effectively from the spares box. You haven't bought them specially.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Whilst looking through the stash for my two Airfix Bf109 kits for this GB I stumbled across - shall we say? - one or two more that would be eligible.  At the moment I'll stick to the two Bf109s and a Tamiya kit that cost £9.99.  Those three kits are prepped and waiting for Saturday, and I'm properly stoked about getting them under way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Tony. Yes I think that should be okay.

It's just occurred to me that I bought an etch set to go with this kit ages ago, I'd completely forgotten about it and that would definitely take it over a tenner. Sorry to trouble you. Still, I have other options.

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TonyOD said:

It's just occurred to me that I bought an etch set to go with this kit ages ago, I'd completely forgotten about it and that would definitely take it over a tenner. Sorry to troouble you. Still, I have other options.

Okay. no problem.

Earlier today Mr. Postie delivered the second of my kits I want to build during this.

For some reason this particular kit and other makers versions of it are in great demand and prices are going Uber

• Like 1

Count me in, I spend about as much time trawling ebay for bargains as I do modelling, my recent chaffee build would have met the criteria if I hadn't built it already.

Plus there are still a few 1/72 armour kits under a tenner new from certain online shops. I just need to decide which kit...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sardaukar said:

Count me in, I spend about as much time trawling ebay for bargains as I do modelling, my recent chaffee build would have met the criteria if I hadn't built it already.

Plus there are still a few 1/72 armour kits under a tenner new from certain online shops. I just need to decide which kit...

Haha I know what you mean about the endless lists on eBay!! I get stuck their many an hour myself. Still unsure of my build yet.

• Like 2

A quick scan through my ebay purchase history throws up a lot of possibilities, Russian post war armour seems to go cheap and I've picked up a lot of bargains, there is a lot of Revell kits in there, even a Cromwell. Heller kits are cheap new, Somua or AMX30? 🤔 not every kit in the stash is destined for aftermarket treatment, not to get ahead of myself but I could see me doing more than one entry.

• Like 1

I had forgotten exactly when it was starting, but had a reminder set in my phone.  Here's my three to choose from.  Hope to build at least two, definitely the EC135 Air Ambulance, I love building choppers and have wanted an air ambulance of some sort for a while.  Probably do the Spitfire too because 1) I haven't built one yet, and 2) it will be my first attempt at camo paint.

lt2TYhy.jpg

RLaccCS.jpg

• Like 1

Recently went to Rare Planes Detective, if ever you make it to Southern California it’s a must. Picked up this little beauty there.

spacer.png

Made one of these are kid, many, many moons ago. Realise it’s a bit flawed but looking forward to the trip down memory lane! 

• Like 4

After seeing all the really cool kits everyone is entering I had a wee trawl through ebay sorting by cheapest........ This is not a good idea, before I realized what I was doing I had bid on about 6 kits, what have you done to me 🤣

Edited by Ravnos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Well, seeing as it's the 15th, I'd best get building.  The Bf109 GB starts soon and I want to make some progress with my build/s for Less Than A Tenner first!

• Like 2

I'm late to the party here, but I have a couple of candidates in the stash that will fit the profile of this GB, if that's ok???

Cheers Greg 😎

• Like 1

Only just remembered I’ve got something else in the stash, is started but I’d strongly argue is no where near 25% of the work done (hence why it went away), will dig it out later for a judgment but very much in the spirit of this being a 99p plus postage win on eBay as if was sans canopy which I had spare.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

I'm late to the party here, but I have a couple of candidates in the stash that will fit the profile of this GB, if that's ok???

Cheers Greg 😎

Hi Greg. Absolutely!! Great to have you taking part in this GB!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Sorry I'm a bit late today - but today has been a bit busier than anticipated!!

Great to see so many modellers here and that we've got builds underway already!! Plus we have the benefit that the reduced price range is bringing out some brilliantly fascinating kits! I think we're in for a great 4 months!!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Absolutely!! Great to have you taking part in this GB!

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix, I'm hoping a straightforward OOTB build will restore the old mojo 🙏

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Is a model which has been received as a gift = to £0 or at the normal RRP of the kit?

To be in the spirit of this GB it's the current RRP of the kit or the RRP at the time of purchase.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

Is a model which has been received as a gift = to £0 or at the normal RRP of the kit?

Hi mate

As you were so kind to help me during the Heller GB, I've popped you a PM.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Only just remembered I’ve got something else in the stash, is started but I’d strongly argue is no where near 25% of the work done (hence why it went away), will dig it out later for a judgment but very much in the spirit of this being a 99p plus postage win on eBay as if was sans canopy which I had spare.

Here it is, italeri hustler. The conversion to gear up and the fact it will be a NMF and hence a lot of work to get a decent finish is what I’m steadfast in believing it’s under 25% 

51182280250_88264e9b8e_b.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

The conversion to gear up and the fact it will be a NMF and hence a lot of work to get a decent finish is what I’m steadfast in believing it’s under 25% 

Hi Stu. Yes that's definitely under 25% - you are good to go!

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1