Less Than A Tenner GB Chat

PlaStix

Dear all!!

I hope everyone is keeping well.

@Jb65rams, @Black Knight, @vppelt68, @PLC1966, @Arniec, @Ted, @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @CliffB, @MarkSH, @Adam Poultney, @klr, @Erwin, @helios16v, @Ozzy, @Wez, @badger, @ProjeKtWEREWOLF, @NorwegianWood, @theplasticsurgeon, @JOCKNEY, @stevej60, @srkirad, @moaning dolphin, @Robert Stuart, @Redstaff, @Alex Gordon, @AdrianMF, @Albeback52, @Tomjw, @Graham77, @Smudge, @MPaul, @Valkyrie, @Bengalensis, @Natter, @modelling minion, @Tim R-T-C, @Doug Rogers, @Misterfriend, @stevehed, @HoolioPaulio, @nimrod54, @janneman36, @Yetifan, @Hewy, @peterairfix, @Torbjorn, @Hockeyboy76, @moviedrone, @Threadbear, @Adrian Hills, @reini, @grufsnik, @Marklo, @TonyW, @wimbledon99, @zebra, @almac, @stevehnz, @halfwit, @TimJ, @bianfuxia, @JeroenS, @TonyOD, @Ned, @Richard Tucker, @Ray S, @jackroadkill, @Mjwomack, @rob Lyttle, @GrahamCC, @Beermonster1958, @tangerine_sedge, @Anatol Pigwa, @John Masters

Just thought I would mention that - from tomorrow - it is one calendar month to the start of this GB - we actually kick off on Saturday 15th May!!

Make sure you have all your cheap kits ready!!

Judging by some of your recent posts we will have a fantastic range of builds to follow!! I can't wait! :frantic:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Mine are ready and waiting!

Looking forward to it, but I may still be involved in at least two other GB'S! I can keep tabs of what I am building though.

Thanks for the reminder,

Ray

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up Stix.

I'm still struggling to find any time / motivation and have the Panzer iii GB and Gulf GBs on the go but will try and join in with something easy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Dear all!!

Just thought I would mention that - from tomorrow - it is one calendar month to the start of this GB - we actually kick off on Saturday 15th May!!

Hi Stix, Yep, Still planning to join the fun :happy:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jb65rams said:

Just need to finish some of the builds I have underway in other GBs to make room on the bench.

Ain't that the truth....!?! 😅

That's the trouble with being over here on the groups side...... You keep seeing other interesting groups 😍

I've just realised that this'un in the unarmed pile will qualify here, by a penny. 

IMG_20210414_195051

And these 2 came together for £13, so I guess either or both of them could go here or "unarmed".... 

IMG_20210414_195131

Too many options all around 

• Like 2

Hopefully my little Land Rover rebuild will be well on it's way by mid-May so I can start into this nice and early.  Believe it or not I got this...

51117068691_1e224135da_c.jpg

from a well known auction site for only £2:41!  The seller must have been spitting feathers for not starting at a higher price and for some reason no one was bidding.  It's not quite a Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire for £4:50 but I don't think it is in the spirit of the GB, so...

This is a small selection of the dozen or so kits I have picked up from the same auction site over the years for 99p, from back in the days when sellers didn't start their prices higher the actual RRP.

51117865025_154d731577_c.jpg

There's plenty on the stash at under a tenner so I will be spoilt for choice.  Bring it on.

• Like 2

Ooh @Natter I'd like to see you build that 450 SL. I was just looking at Heller's Peugeot 403 which goes for €9,95 in my LHS but decided on something military for this one. I now have the Airfix 1/76 halftrack tractor with the 88mm gun lined up, also for €9,95. My stash is mostly comprised of 1/24 scale trucks so I didn't have a single box for under a tenner. A good excuse to buy something new. 

• Like 2

I'll see if I can dig something out for a quickie.  I still need to get back to finishing the OV-1B from Vietnam.  It's perilously close to primer....

Conveniently I'll be finishing my wonky work schedule about the time this kicks off.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminder 😁

I'm still going for the charity shop 1/12 Tamiya Suzuki Katana that I picked up for £9.50 

I'm doing a car in the unarmed gb as well, so building a bike and car at the same time I shouldn't get the parts mixed up 😁

Ian 😁

• Like 1

Hi all,

Great to hear from so many of you that you are ready.....or almost ready......for this GB when it gets underway! There's some good looking kits mentioned and I can't wait to see them being built.

Out of the kits I mentioned earlier in this thread - these are the two I'm planning on building:

49553724052_51785fa871_b.jpg

49553724027_2cc490c0ed_b.jpg

49552988438_a0bd0a4b8f_b.jpg

I will build each in a thread of it's own.

@Corsairfoxfouruncle - Hi Dennis.

On 14/04/2021 at 20:34, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Does that go for A/M decals also ? 

It does I'm afraid - unless the cost of the kit and the decals is still less than the equivalent of a tenner. If the decals are from the spares box then that's acceptable. Sorry if this messes up your plans for this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi all,

Great to hear from so many of you that you are ready.....or almost ready......for this GB when it gets underway! There's some good looking kits mentioned and I can't wait to see them being built.

Out of the kits I mentioned earlier in this thread - these are the two I'm planning on building:

49553724052_51785fa871_b.jpg

49553724027_2cc490c0ed_b.jpg

49552988438_a0bd0a4b8f_b.jpg

I will build each in a thread of it's own.

@Corsairfoxfouruncle - Hi Dennis.

It does I'm afraid - unless the cost of the kit and the decals is still less than the equivalent of a tenner. If the decals are from the spares box then that's acceptable. Sorry if this messes up your plans for this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

No it doesn't mess me up, the decals were a gift from another member so free ? But I can always fall back on one of my 8th A.F. sets from my files. That set was part of a trade so also free. If all else the kit Tuskegee markings will have to do. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I put in a low bid for these two, and nobody bumped me.... 

IMG_20210416_205749

Sweet!! 

Either or both eligible for this or the unarmed group. I remember doing the PYRO Aston Martin when I was young and they were current, and I really enjoyed it. 

Really am spoilt for choice now! 😶🤔

• Like 4

I'm ready for this

PXL-20210103-172406178.jpg 

Ready is almost certainly an overstatement but I do have this kit lined up. £9.99 so everything else is what I've already got, which can be rounded up to nothing; hoping some of my paints will cover it

• Like 1

On 16/04/2021 at 19:14, Six97s said:

Room for one more?   Checking my eBay history, I have a few eligible candidates and a simple OOB build would make a nice change.

Hi Six97s. You are more than welcome to take part and I have added you to the list in my first post in this thread. Great to have you on board and I look foward to seeing what you decide to build. And that's exactly the point of this GB: build something cheap, OOB and have fun!!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1