Less Than A Tenner GB Chat

PlaStix

Hi @halfwit. You have been added to the list. Thank you for you support.

Well it won't be that long now until the annual bunfight starts - so make sure you are ready to vote for this GB! They say everyone loves a bargain - so this GB should be right up everyone's street!

Take care and stay well.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi all,

Not long now until the voting (bunfight) starts. Keep an eye for when the voting goes live  HERE in November. 

Please make sure you cast one of your nine votes for this GB!

Kind regards, 

Stix

• PlaStix changed the title to Less Than A Tenner 2 - we have 66! Any more interested?

I'll happily join this GB - practically everything I buy is less than ten bucks! Most of my stash is in shipment at the moment but by the time the GB gets rolling I will have had ample opportunity to look through and choose a few things.

• Like 2

• PlaStix changed the title to Less Than A Tenner 2 - we have 67! Any more interested?
On 19/10/2020 at 23:41, bianfuxia said:

I'll happily join this GB - practically everything I buy is less than ten bucks! Most of my stash is in shipment at the moment but by the time the GB gets rolling I will have had ample opportunity to look through and choose a few things.

Hi bianfuxia. You are on the list at 67. Welcome on board. Hopefully this will get through the vote in November and hopefully your stash will be available in time!!

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Like 1

Voting starts on Sunday 1st November. If you signed up for this GB please make sure you cast one of your votes for this GB here:

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Like 2

The poll is now open. If you like the idea of a nice cheap build or two in this GB please vote for it in the bunfight. There's a link to the poll in my last post above.

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Like 1

• PlaStix changed the title to Less Than A Tenner 2 - we have 68! Any more interested?
41 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

I'm voting and came across this one, sign me up please @PlaStix!

Hi Jeroen. You are now on the list at number 68. Welcome and thank you for signing up. Hopefully this GB will get through the vote!

Kind regards, 

Stix

• 2 weeks later...
  • PlaStix changed the title to Less Than A Tenner 2 - we have 69! Any more interested?
15 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Can I be 69 please? Got quite a few candidates. Ta.

Hi Tony. Indeed you can and, in fact, you now are! Welcome along. Looking forward to seeing one or more of your candidates under construction!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Tony. Indeed you can and, in fact, you now are! Welcome along. Looking forward to seeing one or more of your candidates under construction!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks. I think I'm GB'd out for 2021 now, I think I've signed up for everything that has a decent showing in the bunfight. 😁

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone who has voted for this GB proposal. It seems to have done pretty well so far. If you signed up for this GB proposal but haven't voted for it yet, could you please use one of your votes for this GB before Monday?

Less Than A Tenner 1 was great fun and hopefully we can have the same amount of fun (or even more!) next year with LTAT2!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• PlaStix changed the title to Less Than A Tenner 2 - Saturday 15th May 2021 to Sunday 5th September 2021

Wahoo!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: 

Last night this GB proposal got through the bunfight and into the Group Build calendar for next year!

Thank you to everyone who voted for this GB - it was in the top three places throughout most of the month of the poll....which is fantastic. A big thank you to @Enzo Matrix for organising the poll.

This GB will take place from Saturday 15th May, 2021 to Sunday 5th September, 2021. So plenty of time, well five months, to search through the stash looking for those unbuilt cheap kits!!

I'm going to have a look through my stash over the next few days to locate anything I bought for less than £10 and I'll post up details of what I find.

What is everyone else thinking of building?

Just a reminder from the first post of this thread:

The basic idea of this GB is that any kit can be built in the GB as long as it cost you less than £10.00 - or the equivalent thereof in the currency of the country you live or lived in - to purchase. This will hopefully mean we get a wide variety of Out Of Box (OOB) builds made without the need to use any aftermarket items. A question arose in the thread before about using things like bits from the spares box which should be fine - as long as you don't purchase £20 worth of decals and then just claim they were "in" the spares box, etc.

The kits built can currently cost less than £10 (or equivalent) to buy or you can build something that cost you less than £10 back in, say, 1970. If you have the receipt still or the price sticker is still on the box then that is even better but not a necessity for taking part. However, it would be useful if you purchased the item in a sale, at a real knock down price, if you did have the receipt or the sale/reduced sticker is still in place.

In the spirit of the previous GB it will be expected that people are honest about how much they paid for the kit. Someone suggesting a 1/32nd Tamiya Spitfire cost them £4.50 back in 2008 will be looked upon as going against the spirit of the idea of this GB.

The question of presents/donations also arose - it doesn't matter that it was free to you, as a present - it's what it cost the person buying it - or what it was originally worth.......it should really be worth less that a tenner to be eligible.

The spirit of the GB is to build something cheap, plus enjoy the build and the company of other modellers building cheap kits.

The preveious version of this GB was absolutly brilliant and you can find it here - although, unfortunately, some of the photos have since disappeared. 

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

What about building Christmas and birthday pressies? These are technically less than a Tenner are they not  :whistle:

You can stop that right now!!

Hi Nigel. Hope you are well. Are you getting some nice plastic presents for Christmas?.....the ones you can put together yourself I mean!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Haha, All good thanks Stix. Hope the same with you.

Not sure what Santa's bringing me but my birthday is March so I'm sure I'll be able to engineer something for one of the GBs this year :wink:

• Like 1

I am about to send off some Airfix Flying hours, as the postage is under a tenner would a higher series model come in as under a tenner? It would be as valid as a charity  shop purchase

• Like 1

I've these three to go at,the Hobbyboss F 84 is £6.25 on the Creative website.I paid £21 for three of the Scots Greys in one box,that makes one of them £7.The one in the bag will be revealed at the start of the GB but Big H has one listed at £9.98.

442d568c-dca3-4373-89ad-9d7ca3a9d163.JPG

Looking forward to this one,it's going to be a good giggle.

• Like 1