Round2/MPC new tool 1:72 Eagle Transporter from Space:1999

Late last year, Round2/MPC released a new kit of the Eagle Transporter that is nominally 1:72 Scale. This is a 14" long kit and is essentially a scaled down version of the 22" kit I've already built a few examples of (see the links in my sig!) . It is a lovely kit and priced much more competitively than the larger 22" kit.

I didn't do a build log of this as I just wanted to get on with it after completing the Aliens Diorama after Christmas :)  This was built pretty much out of the box. I used the weathering decals that were sold for the 22" kit to do the panels on this as there was no way I was going to mask them at this scale. The main colour is Ford Diamond White from Halfords, decanted fro the aerosol can and used in my airbrush. The red stripes WERE masked.

The various coloured bands on the spine are from lining decals I've been collecting over a while for this very purpose :)

The box:

DSC_3456.JPG

The completed model, 14" long. Engine bells painted with Alclad White Aluminium:

DSC_3667.JPG

DSC_3668.JPG

DSC_3669.JPG

DSC_3671.JPG

DSC_3672.JPG

DSC_3673.JPG

DSC_3674.JPG

DSC_3675.JPG

DSC_3670_001.JPG

...and here it is with its big brother, the 22" from a few years back. I tried to build the small one to be a close match to the large one, possibly for some force perspective trickery with displays later...

DSC_3666.JPG

Its a lovely kit, however there are quite a few mould lines on the various spars and cages that need to be cleaned up. I didn't light it as I couldn't be bothered with that level of faffing about in this scale :) The decals for the cockpit windows are quite effective however.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1