Precision tweezers

Andy350

Hi, I really need a set of precision tweezers to help with small parts, PE and decals.  I don't want to spend more than I have to, at the same time I don't want to buy something that's not fit for purpose.  I have found these on Amazon, don't really need that many, ideally just a single price tool might do.  If something might be better happy to look elsewhere.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Precision-Anti-Static-Electronics-Jewelry-making-Laboratory/dp/B01N6LW24H/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=fine%2Bmodelling%2Btweezers&qid=1581493178&sr=8-2&th=1

I have one of them, just with a different label on it. Really nice, however keep in mind the alloy is quite soft and you can bend the tip easily if you apply too much pressure. If you don't already have one, I would also recommend a reverse tweezer (or whatever those are called) so it holds the part on it's own, without having to constantly apply pressure.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bmwh548 said:

I have one of them, just with a different label on it. Really nice, however keep in mind the alloy is quite soft and you can bend the tip easily if you apply too much pressure. If you don't already have one, I would also recommend a reverse tweezer (or whatever those are called) so it holds the part on it's own, without having to constantly apply pressure.

Thanks, I will order, I do have a reverse tweezers as well.  The tips on mine don't really close, so using them for small parts is a challenge.

I too have the same ones with a different label. These are really precise with excellent tips fro the most detailed work, but as bmwh548 says, they are very soft metal. If you drop them they invariably land tip down and bend! But, at the price, I would consider them disposable items.

Cheers,

Colin

Have a look in the "girly" isle in a supermarket for eyebrow tweezers etc - take Wife / Daughter Units with you and just look bored whilst sneakily scanning the products. There are some wicked looking tweezers there that are very robust and stand up to a lot of abuse.

I wait for Wife / Daughter Units to buy them then  borrow / "disappear"  them.

Unfortunately they're a bit wise to this and raid my Build Area periodically.

DU also knows there's always Nail Polish Remover somewhere on my BA, aka "Acetone" acrylic paint remover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I picked up the 2 Dspiae tweezers last year and they are excellent. Very springy and highly polished curved bodies. One pair has flat ends about 1 - 2mm across and the other have a wickedly sharp point so worth keeping hold of the tip protector they come with for storage. They will definitely work for the smallest PE parts. Also for Dspiae products pretty cheap at about £6 a pair I think. Much better and cheaper than the Tamiya ones I was using before.

I also agree on the reverse tweezers really useful and the Expo ones are only a couple of quid.