Joining BM at last

Andreas.R

Hello fellow modelers,

I'm Andreas  from Munich. I started modelling in  early '70, I started building ship models from Airfix and then Heller 1:400. I always had a great passion for ships and all related aspects, as engineering, technology and history. But I am also interested in rally cars if I get bored from the grey coloured ships.  At the moment I have some 3 projects going on with a lot of scratchbuilding, and now I discovered 3D designing! When you have to build 18 tiny coalwinches, I at least, can`t do it.
Happy modelling!

Andreas

• Like 4

Gidday Andreas, Welcome aboard. I'm a ship modeler also, up to now almost exclusively Airfix in 1/600, many of them considerably modified. Do you have any of them still? It would be good to see them. And if you get bored with grey coloured things there's always dazzle camouflage to add a bit of variety. Regards, Jeff.

Gidday Jeff,

I build the 1/600 Airfix ships 50 years ago, but i still remember them. My favorites: HMS Nelson, Scharnhorst, Mauretania nice kits.

Regards, Andreas

Gidday again, I did the Airfix Scharnhorst as a school kid, yeah about 46-47 years ago too. Unpainted back then, battered now but I still have it! I've also done the Revell Bismarck and Scharnhorst in 1/570, and Airfix's Prinz Eugen in 1/600.     Of all the German warships that ever put to sea I think Scharnhorst would be the most beautiful and graceful, and my favorite. Prinz Eugen comes a close second.

Regards, Jeff.

hello again

we got the same roots - but at the maximum distance!

I think my first Airfix ship was Scharnhorst - still now my favorite. I have build the Heller Scharnhorst 2 times,

first end of the 70 ies - last 15 years ago with PE! i still have this.

The Dragon Scharnhorst is in the stash - no time to begin with.

Admiral Hipper and Admiral Scheer I think are also interesting ships, and I am working on them too.

Need to find a solution for the 3,7 Flak guns - 3D Design is difficult due the printable size in 1/400.

Regards

Andreas

• Like 1