As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Markh-75

Perth show.

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

Seen as the venue has increased their prices due to inflation I think that allows me to increase my stash cash budget too

That's the spirit :clap2:

Duncan B

On 2/25/2020 at 6:01 PM, Dave Fleming said:

So £10 either day and/or for both days?  That's a shocking price hike, especially for a 'not for profit' organisation like Liveactive

£10 gets you entry for both days.

Edited by fallmonk
Speeeeling 😉

Oh no Black Mike AND Wonderland....I better hire a van.....

Sounds great; loadsa choice then!

Wonderland Models coming to Perth? 😮

Did I read that right? 

That is a big shock as Wonderland NEVER do Perth. They pitch up at Scale Scotland and Telford and The Museum of Flight Airshow but never Perth. Always thought their non appearance at Scotland's biggest model show was a bit strange.

Wonder what the show organisers have done to persuade them to come this year.

Wonderland Models at Perth just means more temptation to buy more kits!

36 minutes ago, Gordon J said:

W

That is a big shock as Wonderland NEVER do Perth. They pitch up at Scale Scotland and Telford and The Museum of Flight Airshow but never Perth. Always thought their non appearance at Scotland's biggest model show was a bit strange.

They used to do  Perth, but it's been a while since they were there

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 3:25 PM, Dave Fleming said:

They used to do  Perth, but it's been a while since they were there

Yes I remember them being there so this should give all us modeler's some real good choices and bargains now where is that savings book  :think:

beefy (Washington Model Club)

I have no recollection of Wonderland Models ever being at Perth. Must have been years since they were last there.

Think my first year going to Perth would have been around 2007 or 2008 or thereabouts and when I got into the hall I was immensely surprised to discover that Hannants of all people had made an appearance. Not sure if they were regulars at Perth at the time but they have never been back since that first year I was there.

I recall it was also a very nice Spring day that year and the hall was like a flamin' sauna. 😓

Oops sorry - this isn't meant to be a thread for reminiscing about past Scottish Nationals - it is all about 2020 innit?

Roll on April!

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2020 at 2:48 PM, Gordon J said:

Remember getting both Hobby Boss Mirage III kits from them when first released at a very good price as a 'show special' at Perth one year which would be back about 2006/2007.

They also used to do the RAF Leuchars Airshow with two stands , one in the hangar and one out among the static display , 'show specials' there included the 1/72 AMT B-52 and Heller 1/35 Super Frelon , neither being the easiest kits to sneak back into the house under my jumper.

Do they still do 'Specials' at the shows they have been attending more recently?

Edited by Des

40 minutes ago, Des said:

Remember getting both Hobby Boss Mirage III kits from them when first released at a very good price as a 'show special' at Perth one year which would be back about 2006/2007.

They also used to do the RAF Leuchars Airshow with two stands , one in the hangar and one out among the static display , 'show specials' there included the 1/72 AMT B-52 and Heller 1/35 Super Frelon , neither being the easiest kits to sneak back into the house under my jumper.

Do they still do 'Specials' at the shows they have been attending more recently?

They certainly did specials at last year's Scale Scotland and I know they have at Telford so here's hoping :thumbsup:

We were up at Perth today, just for a run in the car; i can safely say i will NOT be attending the Perth show now. I'll wait until Oct and its in the SECC; 1 train journey away from me. I dont fancy sitting on a train all the way up there, the cost of travel including the fact i need to get a bus to get the train into town and then walk to another station to get the train to Perth. Then £10 to get in, and that doesnt include food. Personally its a bit too much of a journey for me up there; my wife drove up in the car today and we didnt like it very much, the shops are not great and she'd need to wait until i came out of the show, wouldn't want me to cut it short because she was bored. I'll wait for the Glasgow show, i can get a train right to the door (near enough) and a train right back home.

Its where they hold the Scottish national Curling Championship! I dont remember seeing a hairdressers there!😯:evil_laugh:😂🤣

42 minutes ago, Markh-75 said:

I'll wait until Oct and its in the SECC; 1 train journey away from me. I'll wait for the Glasgow show, i can get a train right to the door (near enough) and a train right back home.

If it's the IPMS Glasgow Model Show you are talking about it's not held in the SECC, it's held in the Bellahouston Sports Centre.

Duncan B

Posted (edited)

Oh, ok, thanks!

i just jumped to the conclusion it was the SECC; Bellahouston isn’t that far from there as the crow flies. Still do-able! Cheers.

Edited by Markh-75

1 hour ago, Markh-75 said:

We were up at Perth today, just for a run in the car; i can safely say i will NOT be attending the Perth show now. I'll wait until Oct and its in the SECC; 1 train journey away from me. I dont fancy sitting on a train all the way up there, the cost of travel including the fact i need to get a bus to get the train into town and then walk to another station to get the train to Perth. Then £10 to get in, and that doesnt include food. Personally its a bit too much of a journey for me up there; my wife drove up in the car today and we didnt like it very much, the shops are not great and she'd need to wait until i came out of the show, wouldn't want me to cut it short because she was bored. I'll wait for the Glasgow show, i can get a train right to the door (near enough) and a train right back home.

That's a shame you have made that decision as Perth is a great show and I am sure you would have loved it.

Can't you just do what most normal self respecting husbands would do faced with a similar situation and leave the wife at home?

Just a thought.

Just now, Gordon J said:

That's a shame you have made that decision as Perth is a great show and I am sure you would have loved it.

Can't you just do what most normal self respecting husbands would do faced with a similar situation and leave the wife at home?

Just a thought.

No because I don’t drive and it would be two busses and two trains there and back. I am hoping that I can get my license back but I would doubt it would happen before then. I suffer from anxiety and stress and all that would put me in bed for a few days after it. I have to be careful in travelling. The cost is too much for me I’m afraid 😟 

Perhaps there might be someone who is on here who is in your neck of the woods, wherever that is, who is going and would offer to take you along?

Evidently car share is the done thing if the signs on the Scottish motorways are to be believed.

That might change my mind!😉

2 hours ago, Gordon J said:

This will be my 3rd or 4th visit, my favourite show...I’m considering entering into a competition so NEED to be there both days..as a result Mrs Valkyrie is coming for an overnighter. There are enough wee shops to last her till 2pm for checking in, bath book bottle of Prosecco then il be there to go out on the town for dinner and drinks. I will then return the Sunday for a mooch...the only problem...what do I tell her when she goes to put her bags in the boot and it’s full of kits paints and bargains? I’d get away with lots more if she didn’t come....

Looking forward to this years show. I always bump into my fellow aberdonians from the model club and an old work colleague from the model zone days. 

With 44 days to go I am hoping Corona virus isn't going to have an impact on this show. Seems like mainland Europe is pretty much closed for business just now with model shows getting cancelled all over the place. It would be terrible if Perth got cancelled.

That would be a shame, but it’s reality I’m afraid. 😟

1 hour ago, Gordon J said:

With 44 days to go I am hoping Corona virus isn't going to have an impact on this show. Seems like mainland Europe is pretty much closed for business just now with model shows getting cancelled all over the place. It would be terrible if Perth got cancelled.

I was in touch with the organisers a couple of days ago and they are monitoring the situation and also in constant contact with the local authorities. At the moment it is still on but who knows what's going to happen in the next few weeks.

Duncan B