Danish F-16A

qn30jEkPz7

welcome along and what a nice surprise to find in a boring old civie plane box! 

Now after I've upset some :D ...... nice choice and I really like the scheme. I haven't seen it before and it's going to look great.

Good luck with the build, hopefully a trouble free one and look forward to seeing her in the gallery. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, trickyrich said:

what a nice surprise to find in a boring old civie plane box!

TBF I’d do more civvy planes and schemes if I could tidy up my seam lines more and spray white with better coverage. Dark greens and greys are a lot more forgiving of my inept modelling

A small diversion via the loft to fetch a pilot from the spares box resulted in this getting trawled out as well

49525372622_dde63c0f64_b.jpg

With plastic as widely seen in this GB of:

49525150111_fb7035030d_b.jpg

A bit of pottering last night and this morning and...

49525372562_f9b7377434_b.jpg

Canopies not stuck down but the general shapes are kind of there 

Edited by LostCosmonauts
  • Like 10

Nice Draken inclusion! As for Sean lines I find that all types of ‘fillers’ essentially shrink and just when you think you’ve done a good job of them, the critters expose themselves once a nice layer of paint is applied. These days I always run a small bead of superglue along the join line and sand it away with various grades of wet n dry sandpaper. Yes, it’s always a little tedious, however will give you good results that you’ll be happy with. Just like any proper painting renovator will say ‘Preparation is everything’. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice choice of scheme :speak_cool: Seems the F-16 is becoming a popular choice for this GB and the inclusion of a bonus Draken is always welcome as well :D 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 15/02/2020 at 10:22, Grandboof said:

Nice to see the contents of the "Boring civvie box" getting some TLC

Hopefully with the empty skies at the moment there will be more interest in civvy schemes and planes. I’d quite like a “boring” 737 trundling through the sky to remind me of normality 

Anyhoo

I promise these have been on my workbench. Just had my eye off the ball a bit

They kind of stalled as the F-16 needed a fair bit of filler to correct a weird step on the spine

49620380298_e6e31c03dc_b.jpg

... but today to make me step away from refreshing news pages I decided to JFDI and press on with these. Hopefully something straightforward and fun

Mid priming

49702117751_26284fe2f0_b.jpg

and after some application of the hairy stick (my airbrush is playing silly bleeders) so in an effort not to get too distracted I went old school

49702117746_05705341c6_b.jpg

I best get it unclogged sharpish as there is no way I’ll get the greys done on the F-16 freehand

• Like 5

1 minute ago, trickyrich said:

nice to see these two are still underway.

Those other two are very interesting!!!! What are they?

Ah, those are my 3D printed oddities.  

One already has an RFI at:

The other is still in progress in the They Also Serve GB:

• Like 1

3D models, nice!!! :thumbsup:

Looking closer I can see that now, very clever work. I'd love to do that sort of thing but I definitely don't have the time unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

Pushing on with these

Draken got some boxing in of the wheel wells, stores and undercarriage added

49719462643_c22aa8c42a_b.jpg

Then decals (only the slightly out of register box ones for now) and no varnish in case I decide to strip and do over

49720314247_4df16da313_b.jpg

49720314257_9efab70408_b.jpg

49719462628_82af7ce44a_b.jpg

p.s. by way of a scandi-bonus here is a picture of my Viggen the RFI for which was lost during the great Photobucket debacle

49719462458_6769cd63b7_b.jpg

• Like 5

On 28/03/2020 at 21:27, trickyrich said:

I'd love to do that sort of thing but I definitely don't have the time unfortunately.

Sadly my printer is busy for the forseeable future printing off PPE for medics so that side of things is on the back-burner for me as well

• Like 2

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I think she looks great, brings back memories of the one my father build, the same scheme

The Draken? In that case the scheme and decals definitely stay as they are. Should the leading edges have been metallic? Instructions don’t mention it but looking at the gallery I’m thinking probably they should

Looks to be a good glossy decal-ready paintwork you've got there :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

yeah the Draken.

I loved that model as a kid as it had the wee wheels at the back.....the only jet aircraft I'd seen then with them.

Drakens are cool subjects Rich. You should build one sometime - all you need is a relevent GB for the perfect opportunity... :whistle:

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Col. said:

Looks to be a good glossy decal-ready paintwork you've got there :thumbsup:

Drakens are cool subjects Rich. You should build one sometime - all you need is a relevent GB for the perfect opportunity... :whistle:

16 hours ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Seconded

lalalalalalaaaaaa :lalala:

...nice finish with the grey