Tamiya 1:20 Ferrari F189

2nd EDIT: Thanks for being patient - given up with Google and gone onto Imgur - hope it works now!! 🙏

EDIT: I have updated the Google photo links to see if they will display from a shared folder, failing that its time to look into Imgur :)

Hi fellow BM'ers

Its been a very long time since I posted anything completed, partly due to my painfully slow progress and also needing to find a replacement for Photobucket, hoping that Google photo links below will work!!

I am usually a builder of winged things but after a couple of armour subjects and a Tamiya DTM Calibra I decided to have a go at an F1 car build. Really enjoyed this and now got Senna's McLaren Mp4/4 as my next subject, sorry I know its probably already been done to death but for all the right reasons :)

Few little additions to the basic kit, Tamiya seatbelts and etch fasteners, tyre logos sprayed on with a template and bits of scratch build and wiring here and there. I had a go at the radiator pipes and flexibles using st/st welding rods and blue wire coating, even had a go at the jubilee clips with some foil tape and micro solder, also replaced the brake light moulding with some clear red plastic from a disposable lighter.

Fit was good enough though the top and bottom parts of the shell probably want to ether be permanently joined or displayed always open, also a fair bit of cleaning up of the exhaust manifolds to get something usable. Paint was Alclad white primer for the shell and Revell aqua colour Ferrari red sealed with Alclad clear gloss.

B3tinbs.jpg

ccSL2ns.jpg

gSV5WC4.jpg

sr4cxhe.jpg

8US1pxM.jpg

SyttLT0.jpg

ANEGkl7.jpg

SZwWc0C.jpg

Edited by stoohoo
Given up on Google and gone on to Imgur :) See if that works!!
  • Like 12

Thanks for the heads up gt6mkiii and Kiwidave4. I have put the relative photos into a shared folder and updated the links above so hopefully it works now, problem is i could see the pics before and can still see them now :)

If this doesn't work then I'll follow your advice Dave and set up an Imgur account :)

Thanks Guys, gave up in the end as I couldnt see the images without being signed into Google myself ??

Gone the Imgur route now thanks Kiwi Dave, though I seem to have a lot of spare space at the bottom of my post, bit of a disaster!

Martin, the tyre logo template is a PE one and was in a set of AM decals that I got for the McLaren mp4/4, got it mainly for the ciggy logos when doing that model but its great to use, will find them and let you know whose they are.

Thanks again for the kind comments and patience :) Stu

25 minutes ago, stoohoo said:

Gone the Imgur route now thanks Kiwi Dave, though I seem to have a lot of spare space at the bottom of my post, bit of a disaster!

Welcome to Imgur! If you are referring to the gap between text and photo that is because you must have entered a couple of lines with space bar prior to posting.

Anyway, lovely job on the model, looks the bumbles patellas to me.

• Thanks 1

Good job on the model, very nicely detailed too.

I wouldn't worry too much about the gap between the top and the main body - every single one of these I've seen (including the one I did when I was in my teens) has that gap and as you say, it's not going anywhere unless you permanently glue it shut and hide all that work on the engine.

• Thanks 1

Thanks again guys.

Dave,  thanks I'll remember that tip next time I post, though on my phone there doesn't seen to be a load of space to scroll through after the pics to get to the end of the post, only when I did the edit on my laptop 🤷‍♂️

Spiny, thanks, detailing the insides was too much fun to hide it all permanently but this car does have lovely lines all closed up 😀

Jerome, thanks for the link to the topic, definitely a great one for future ref, scary that in my late 30s I'm becoming too much of a technophobe to have sorted out a photo bucket replacement til now!