Airfix 25 pdr field gun and quad

Worms

27 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Much improved by a rather stockier barrel.  The kit one is rather puny.  Thinning the shield also helps.

I've looked at the barrel and considered modifying it,  so far I have cleaned it up and made a flash arrestor, cut the back half off the breech, split it longitudinally into 3, bored the breech, but a groove in the top of the breech block and glued it back on to display an open breech...

Lovely bit of detailing going on here. It's nice to see the kit getting a bit of TLC.

The kits a real memory jerker for me, having built one or two waaaay back in the sixties. I built one bare bones, nothing added , for the Classic Airfix GB a while back. Although it looks a bit half starved next to your one, I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane.

IMG-5920.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyW said:

Lovely bit of detailing going on here. It's nice to see the kit getting a bit of TLC.

The kits a real memory jerker for me, having built one or two waaaay back in the sixties. I built one bare bones, nothing added , for the Classic Airfix GB a while back. Although it looks a bit half starved next to your one, I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane.

IMG-5920.jpg

Thanks a lot, it's always been a  favourite of mine...I was just going to build it put of the box but I got carried away whilst waiting for a  group build to start!"😉

The problem with adding extra details is that when I stand back and have a look I can't see them 🤣

Yours looks great, wish I could do dioramas!

• Thanks 1