Decal liquids - use by dates?

Filler

I've just noticed a small note on a bottle of decal fixing liquid stating to use within three years. Is this really a thing? I've had all my bottles way beyond that. What is in them that perishes?

I have a spot of bother believing something that’s basically vinegar could have sell-by date, especially one so short.  I often suspect this sort of thing is a scam to make you buy more before you need it.  I mean, honey is a preservative, and it’s sold with a shelf-life …

The alternative is that it’s not the contents that have a limited life, but the bottle.  That’s certainly the case with some bottled water - the plastic may degrade enough to become a little too porous to preserve the contents.

But, as Shin says - the best thing may be to use it til its stops working.  And lay in a replacement just in case.

Cheers fellas. I was struggling to believe it myself and as far as I could tell, it worked although I guess it is quite hard to tell if it is not working as well as it used to. After all, you can apply decals reasonably successfully using tap water. I also think the fact that it is only mentioned on one of three different brands bottles might also be telling.