As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

BlueNosers352nd

Eduard 1/48 F6F-3 Profipack, VF-38 #117

Was going to do the Hasegawa F6F-3, but I found this scheme today and had to do it.    So this is what I will be tackling, eventually, for this GB.

49516704036_1bde01f19b_c.jpg

VF-38 F6F-3 Hellcat #117

49516183703_71d5bb7423_c.jpg

VF-38 F6F-3 Hellcat #117

Edited by BlueNosers352nd
Wrong VF

As I just said in the chat, I love this scheme! Brilliant choice!

Rob

Love the colouration, not many Cats with that paint scheme.

Now that both the P-51B and Apache A-36 are off the bench, it's time to start the Hellcat.  In between the final details drying on the Stangs, I got the cockpit all done on the Hellcat.  Not sure this pretty white background will stay up or not, but I figured I'd snap pics while it's setup.  Right now my photo setup is in my wood shop.  It has the best lighting and most space.

Custom mixed Tamiya paints for the Interior Green.  Eduard did such a nice job on the Instrument Panel, it's a shame they didn't do much on the side panels.  Oh well, not much seen when button up.

49712638401_491a235fbd_c.jpg

49712638301_ec3186bb3f_c.jpg

Been a busy couple days.  This is my first Eduard kit and I was a little concerned with how the wings attached..........and I was surprised.  Pretty easy if ask me..........just some minor tweaks as the glue setup.  Got one little clear piece to put in the port wing and she is ready.  Even took the time to redo the fuel tank by adding the spine on.  Will work on the filler cap tomorrow.

49721616128_94f3be361e_c.jpg

49721615958_7008490723_c.jpg

That's going together beautifully.

Cheers

Wow, that was a crazy landing gear assembly......but I am sure there are way worse ones out there.  I think I am permanently cross-eyed now.

49725186306_60d023abf6_c.jpg