Revell 1/144 Type VII C U-boat - FINISHED

MarkSH

Evening all,

Apologies to all for rather taking my off the ball with this GB. The looming (original) deadline had prompted a resumption of activity over the past couple of days with further weathering and the fitting of some of the many small and fragile parts.

I have now moved onto the 'rigging' around the boat:

49971284581_022c8e4cfa_b.jpg

The rigging is ordinary sowing thread with blobs of PVA for the 'isolators'? The Kriegsmarine ensign is the kit decal on foil and posed. 

49971284261_b83b6ef5b6_b.jpg

I wanted to have the display stand in keeping with the look of the model generally rather than just a plain colour, so I have textured it by liberally coating it with Tamiya extra thin cement and then stippling it with an old brush, painting it in a steel metallic and then plastering it with rust wash, pigment and more rust wash:

49970768588_2bf48f31eb_b.jpg

The nameplate has just been flooded with gloss black.

49971547677_096aa1ce72_b.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon everyone,

I added the final bits of rigging to the U-boat over the last couple of days and so I'm ready to call this one finished before I fiddle too much and end up regretting it!:

49998379912_de14c2bd88_b.jpg

49998380362_f56ed3b771_b.jpg

49997607868_43c97a3803_b.jpg

A surprisingly difficult thing to take decent images of, anyway more pictures in the gallery soon.

Many thanks to the host and co-hosts for the opportunity to build something a little bit different from my usual subject matter. Also a well done to all the other participants on some very well executed models.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 13

• MarkSH changed the title to Revell 1/144 Type VII C U-boat - FINISHED

Absolutely awesome 😎 

That’s the GB winner for my vote! 

Following this build has made me want to buy one of these again. Had one in the stash a few years back, sold it on, but been browsing for one again 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely awesome modelling Mark!! :worthy: :worthy:

I'm not usually a fan of submarine kits but I might have to get one of these kits!!

Very well done.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1