This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
PhantomBigStu

***Finished*** Airfix Phantom Royal Navy

A predictable entry, not actually built the new airfix as Navy example, spares box will provide the missing parts save the catapult hooks, though currently high bidder on ebay on a RN boxing so might have them by the time I start 

49282358911_652c562fc8_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Predictable possibly.... but your first in with it, and regardless of popularity it’s a still a cracking subject!

Rob

Was concerned over the scratching of the Catopult hooks, no need now, just storm Dennis stopping me priming the sprues and starting the FG1, might start the FGR2

49538627016_32b7177b5b_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Went to start them this afternoon only to find I haven’t primed the fgr2 sprues, so only got as far as the cockpit tubs once they were primed and left to dry 

49569162353_b715749e68_b.jpg

49570227153_2c00e53c10_b.jpg

Good to see these coming together.

Rob

Blooming Nora 2 at a time, thats just showing off !

Great work, look forward to the next instalment. 

cheers Pat 

Life stopped me working on these but returned to them yesterday, fully sanded the FGR2 with the coarsest grade of paper, and just a tricky intake on the fg1 before I can do both with the progressively finer grades and paint the full underside coats 

49700812252_e1b3eaf0ca_b.jpg

Coming along nicely.

Did you use the kit intakes? I ask because I have used the Alleycat replacements and I ma really struggling to get them to fit well. It may not be the Alleycat items that are at fault it maybe my own fault in not lining them up that well, but I am having to resort to heavy clamping to hold them in position while the super glue is drying.

16 minutes ago, Jabba said:

Coming along nicely.

Did you use the kit intakes? I ask because I have used the Alleycat replacements and I ma really struggling to get them to fit well. It may not be the Alleycat items that are at fault it maybe my own fault in not lining them up that well, but I am having to resort to heavy clamping to hold them in position while the super glue is drying.

All parts as per the kit, I had for problems with them as well

Thanks for your answer, I shall persevere.

Main painting all done, had to remove both canopies so have to re sand them, once that’s done just attaching, filling and sanding the nozzles and it’ll be the marathon of hell that is the stencils 

49811125152_1a859e5f37_b.jpg

Looking unlikely to make the deadline, need a new canopy, obliterated the one on the fg1, damn thing flew of the bench and landed face down on the laminate not even sure of airfix spares are in operation currently 🥵 

I was in touch with Airfix Spares recently and they emailed me that the service was suspended until further notice

1 minute ago, Black Knight said:

I was in touch with Airfix Spares recently and they emailed me that the service was suspended until further notice

Thanks black knight, I shall abandon hope put the phantoms away and start work on the other harrier 

I take it that you would like a closed one. I am using the open one on mine, so the closed one is going spare.

1 minute ago, Jabba said:

I take it that you would like a closed one. I am using the open one on mine, so the closed one is going spare.

That would be fantastic, I shall pm you 

On 29/04/2020 at 13:27, PhantomBigStu said:

That would be fantastic, I shall pm you 

pm sent.

Thanks to @Jabba for the replacement canopy this is back on the agenda. Will not touch the FGR due to the lack of time but think I can get this done in time 

49900708638_a3dc3fa1c6_b.jpg