***Finished*** Airfix Phantom Royal Navy

PhantomBigStu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Life stopped me working on these but returned to them yesterday, fully sanded the FGR2 with the coarsest grade of paper, and just a tricky intake on the fg1 before I can do both with the progressively finer grades and paint the full underside coats 

49700812252_e1b3eaf0ca_b.jpg

Coming along nicely.

Did you use the kit intakes? I ask because I have used the Alleycat replacements and I ma really struggling to get them to fit well. It may not be the Alleycat items that are at fault it maybe my own fault in not lining them up that well, but I am having to resort to heavy clamping to hold them in position while the super glue is drying.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jabba said:

Coming along nicely.

Did you use the kit intakes? I ask because I have used the Alleycat replacements and I ma really struggling to get them to fit well. It may not be the Alleycat items that are at fault it maybe my own fault in not lining them up that well, but I am having to resort to heavy clamping to hold them in position while the super glue is drying.

All parts as per the kit, I had for problems with them as well

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Black Knight said:

I was in touch with Airfix Spares recently and they emailed me that the service was suspended until further notice

Thanks black knight, I shall abandon hope put the phantoms away and start work on the other harrier 

• 2 weeks later...