Belfast...

rob85

Nice to see progress with the Belfast Rob and I hope that the isolation goes well.

We're battening down for a 12 week stint here as my wife is 'vulnerable'.  She's worrying about toilet rolls, but I'm more concerned about my meagre stock of sanding sticks ;)

Cheers

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Rob

Absolutely delighted to finally see the Robettes in action.

The tablecloth seems to have taken a real hiding already, and none you have even started painting yet !

Please continue to include progress on the Spitfire and P40 in this thread and can I ask the moderator of this fine GB to allow these 2 additional builds to be included when the Belfast goes in the gallery.

We need to encourage these youngsters into our hobby.

Apologies Rob for the thread hijack 

cheers Pat 

Well as it’s my GB I will sneak them in under the Belfast! The girl wants to paint her spitfire like a cookie as it’s delivering cookie rations to the war.... could be interesting.

Rob

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Looks like an interesting build and a detailed kit. My interest is particularly piqued since I (well not for the last fortnight) walk past HMS Belfast every weekday.

Regards,

Adrian

Lovely you know her well! hits and tips would be appreciated 😃 hope all is well your end.

2 hours ago, CliffB said:

Nice to see progress with the Belfast Rob and I hope that the isolation goes well.

We're battening down for a 12 week stint here as my wife is 'vulnerable'.  She's worrying about toilet rolls, but I'm more concerned about my meagre stock of sanding sticks ;)

Cheers

i have genuinely run out but I have stolen Jo’s nail files and still have micromesh! I shall survive in our post apocalyptic modelling world.

Rob 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gidday Rob, this is a ship I've always liked, and you're doing a good job of the model of her. I have a few of these, some as spare parts and I find a lot of flash also. Some of the 20mm are unusable.

11 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Absolutely delighted to finally see the Robettes in action.

We need to encourage these youngsters into our hobby.

Too true. Keep up the good work. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, rob85 said:

home schooled

DKE7Rop.jpg

Learning outcomes

English, reading and communication, and group working

Assembly and painting involves assessing a problem solving, planning and motor skills - covers math
ICT - did the kids take any photos?  Did they help with your post?

Think you've covered most of the key areas

• Like 4
  • Haha 1