Martlet Mk.IV on deck - Airfix 1/72 - finished and in the Gallery

PlaStix

You have out done yourself.          I find it hard to believe it is in 1/72 scale!   

A work of art if there ever was one.

regards, Roger.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely cracking little build Stix. Thanks for joining in the fun with, in the navy. 

hope you start finding a bit more time away from work for more modelling l! 

Rob

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Andwil said:

Superb little diorama Stix.

AW

Thank you very much AW - you are very kind! :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, PZRGREN said:

You have out done yourself.          I find it hard to believe it is in 1/72 scale!   

A work of art if there ever was one.

regards, Roger.

Hi Roger and thank you very much. You are way too kind!

Kind regards,

Stix

4 hours ago, rob85 said:

Absolutely cracking little build Stix. Thanks for joining in the fun with, in the navy. 

hope you start finding a bit more time away from work for more modelling l! 

Rob

Thank you Rob. You ran a superb GB as can be seen from all the wonderful builds in the Gallery! Not only fantastic quality in there but also a wonderfully wide range of subject matter. Very well done! :worthy:

59 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Beauty! That's come out looking great.

Chris

Hi Chris and thank you! 

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is a great result Stix, it really is hard to believe that it is 1/72 scale.

I think your diorama and figures have also worked out really well, despite the figures being a pain.

Really sorry that working from home is having such a negative effect on your spare time, I hope that things get back to normal for you soon mate so that you can entertain us with more of your brilliant builds.

• Thanks 1

That's a superb finish all round Stix The master brush painter strikes again! I see you use Humbrol matt varnish( I presume from the bottle) do yo

thin it for brushing? I thin it with white spirit but still can't get that really matt finish you do which is a bit of a disappointment,mine's fine for modern

subject's but still a bit shiny for WW2 aircraft.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 04/05/2020 at 21:58, modelling minion said:

That is a great result Stix, it really is hard to believe that it is 1/72 scale.

I think your diorama and figures have also worked out really well, despite the figures being a pain.

Really sorry that working from home is having such a negative effect on your spare time, I hope that things get back to normal for you soon mate so that you can entertain us with more of your brilliant builds.

Hi Craig and thank you. Have you heard anything more about your job? 

On 06/05/2020 at 10:02, AdrianMF said:

Looks terrific! The Airfix Wildcat/Martlet is a smashing little kit and you've certainly done it justice.

Regards,

Adrian

Thank you very much for your very kind comments Adrian.

On 12/05/2020 at 23:16, Valkyrie said:

What a cracking finish and brush paint masterclass. Excellent 

You are way too kind Valkyrie, but thank you.

On 14/05/2020 at 09:49, stevej60 said:

That's a superb finish all round Stix The master brush painter strikes again! I see you use Humbrol matt varnish( I presume from the bottle) do yo

thin it for brushing? I thin it with white spirit but still can't get that really matt finish you do which is a bit of a disappointment,mine's fine for modern

subject's but still a bit shiny for WW2 aircraft.

Hi Steve. I am sorry for the very slow reply to your question - this build went a bit to the back of my mind.

I actually use rattlecan Humbrol Matt Varnish rather than the bottled or tinned stuff. It's always been my one concession to spraying (well, apart from my Porsche tractor build in the Blitzbuild BG! - gloss bright red would have been too difficult to paint neatly in such a short time period!)

Thank you for your comments and question.

Kind regards,

Stix

Blooming brillaint. A Revell F4F was one of the first models I ever made & painted, not very well I might add but it has left me with a soft spot for this tubby fighter. Yours has caught the look of it wonderfully well to my m eye. :)

Steve.

• Like 1