FIAT G-91 and Bulldog 1/72nd

Two more of my builds I am parting with. Airfix FIAT G-91 with improvements using Aerocub set, u/cart, canopy Modeldecal decals.

And Airfix SA Bulldog in splinter camo ( as opposed to the camo colours suggested in kit)using kit decals

KDqOp4.jpg

w2xHxn.jpg

azomPg.jpg

eH0AtS.jpg

U19j1D.jpg

sCEwzO.jpg

x1kGOq.jpg

fqJZvu.jpg

wk3jv2.jpg

tPMFah.jpg

KOxEcD.jpg

VD9soC.jpg

KFnQqZ.jpg

• Like 13

And a few more:

REVELL 1/72nd Lancaster with Techmod decals.

5iu3Hw.jpg

e3fvrz.jpg

s83gNE.jpg

FfaWJI.jpg

6y6N2r.jpg

kuHPIA.jpg

9EXQGX.jpg

Below: MPM/Italeri boxing Hudson and kit decals.
9dRdH5.jpg

KhTIUt.jpg

iNuAYe.jpg

1w2FRp.jpg

x7vK5i.jpg

5p7tVq.jpg

Below: Hasegawa beaufighter with kit national insignia and generic codes modified to make P6-F of RNZAF saudron machine
3oNvcZ.jpg

ySISNK.jpg

9wGCSX.jpg

45iRNm.jpg

VX2Huw.jpg

BDU1Kp.jpg

All the above were made more than 10 years ago or thereabouts

• Like 15

13 hours ago, Learstang said:

So what's wrong with the Hudson kit? It looks rather nice built up (as do all your other models, Paul!).

It does look nice made up.  The main visual flaw for me is that the turret is depicted as symmetrical whereas the real thing is asymmetrical: easily corrected with an Aeroclub replacement or maybe one from the Revell  Halifax I/II.  But it is reputedly a swine to build fit-wise: others who have wrestled with it for longer are more qualified to comment on that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seahawk said:

It does look nice made up.  The main visual flaw for me is that the turret is depicted as symmetrical whereas the real thing is asymmetrical: easily corrected with an Aeroclub replacement or maybe one from the Revell  Halifax I/II.  But it is reputedly a swine to build fit-wise: others who have wrestled with it for longer are more qualified to comment on that.

I don't recall much about  my entanglement with the build; but yes there were moments with the build but perseverance won out.  Maybe when and if I ever get on with the other kit I will find the issues.