1/48 Tamiya Do335 Pfeil

Always been interested in this aircraft. I built one years back, and enjoyed it so much I picked up three more over the years. I don’t think the aircraft looking so clean is out of place, they really didn’t have a chance to get very dirty!

I won’t hammer on the paint fading, but I do want to touch on a comment you made about marbling and blending. I think you’re exactly right, random areas of different shades can really make a huge difference when blended in properly. It also depends on how weathered the plane is, obviously for a fresher craft you’d want to tone it down, but there’s still some value in a little randomness. 

Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RadMax8 said:

Always been interested in this aircraft. I built one years back, and enjoyed it so much I picked up three more over the years. I don’t think the aircraft looking so clean is out of place, they really didn’t have a chance to get very dirty!

I won’t hammer on the paint fading, but I do want to touch on a comment you made about marbling and blending. I think you’re exactly right, random areas of different shades can really make a huge difference when blended in properly. It also depends on how weathered the plane is, obviously for a fresher craft you’d want to tone it down, but there’s still some value in a little randomness. 

Thanks for sharing!

I am a fan too. This is number 2 and I’m lucky enough to have the rare “heavily armed” version in the to do pile. I may have a pop at the single color post war French AF bird for that one and then throw everything at it. 

Regarding the randomness, some of the nicest effects I have achieved have been where I thought I totally ballsed something up with the wrong shade or whatever, then worked with it and finished with an effect that’s not half bad and catches the eye. Sometimes we need to work outside the box a bit. Just my two cents ( in familiar currency 😀).

• Like 1