Junkers Ju 87B-2/Trop 1:72 Airfix

Hi folks,

this is the recent Airfix kit built for a book project.

I used quite a few aftermarkets from Quickboost and Eduard  in order to address some of the kit's omissions or to improve the level of detail in some of the kit's focal points.

The sliding part of the pilot's canopy was scratch built as well as the missing tropical filter.

The decals come from Xtradecal sheet.

Cheers

Libor

49511250223_1283b13d1c_c.jpg

49511250198_220d981070_c.jpg

49511985652_cf9c9868c2_c.jpg

• Like 68
  • Thanks 1

Another beautiful result Libor. I really enjoy your build reports in the Valiant books. How did you add those two really small round things onto the antenna wire just in front of the fin? I've seen them on a lot of antennas but I have never been able to find out what they are.

Edited by Hobo
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Libor,

What did you use for the long antenna wire? Looks very realistic. Also, what colors did you use? Mr Color lacquers? I've heard that the Mr. Hobby Aqueous range is being discontinued and replaced by their Acrysion line. Do you know if this is true? Thanks!

Edited by Hobo

Hi, it is Uschi van den Rosten elastic thread, the Fine size.

These are Mr.Hobby colors. Have that heard too and actually I alteady tested the Acrysion line too, and these seem to work in similar way. Anyway, dropping the Mr. Hobby line is not actual, I heard this may even not happen. But there area available another fantastic paints like AK Real Colors, so you should not worry.

• Like 1