Entering a kit in two GB's at the same time ?

Erwin

Is it allowed to enter a kit in two GB's at the same time ?

The BoB GB starts on 10 July. Two weeks later the STGB He 111 starts.

I plan to build the 1/72 nd Matchbox He 111 that will fit both GB's.

I'm sure I won't be the only one that will build the He 111 in the BoB GB.

Hence my question.

It depends on the moderators, and how you present your case.
(There is potential for the Spitfiire STGB to cross the BoB, In the Navy GB and/or the Journey's End GBs).

There have been builds where different aspects of the build were completed in seperate group builds and then merged.
@PlaStix's Tiger (part of the Pz Vi Tiger STGB) and Typhoon (part of the D-Day GB) are an example, all built last year - but there were two kits and a diorama involved in that mix.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

It depends on the moderators, and how you present your case.

It's actually very simple.

When I start the Matchbox He 111 it will be build and finished within both GB timeframes.

Not that it matters that much.I can build other kits in the BoB GB,and build the He 111 in the STGB.

Edited by Erwin

1 minute ago, Erwin said:

It's actually very simple.

When I start the Matchbox He 111 it will be build and finished within both GB timeframes.

PM the moderators (fortunatly, I'm not one of them - I'd be reluctant to say yes, but ... give it a go).    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Not that it matters that much.I can build other kits in the BoB GB,and build the He 111 in the STGB.

I'd suggest that's a better idea if you've only got the one He111 to build.

I don't know of any specific rules against posting one build in two separate group builds, but I'd soon get fed up with the same posts popping up twice.

You could post a group build in the work in progress forum as well, but what's the point? It's not adding anything new to the site.

By all means, if you've got 2 He111's post one build in each of the GB's (with different markings and marks if possible for extra interest and to help you know which one goes in which GB!), but if you've just got 1 build something else for the BoB GB.

• Like 3

Same model for 2 GBs was specificly excluded by the original GB rules.  I doubt I could find the posts with that thinking now though.

There are occasional prizes in GBs, and entering the same model would double you chances - at the expense of others.

Nothing stopping you building two very similar models simultaneously, for overlapping GBs, as I did:

Revell He111 for The Great Patriotic War GB  ,    and an

Italeri He111 for the Mediterranean GB both between 16 Aug, and 03 Sept 2016.

• Like 2

I’m with the others on this, it will just end up in double posts and annoy a good selection of members on here. What do you want to gain from doing this? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3