It's fast! It's British! It's a Lightning!

giemme

14 hours ago, giemme said:

while the other is just looking

....and thinking ''blimey, what a beautiful Lightning that is''....!! :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, giemme said:

They are quite a crude approximation

...and then we remember this is 1/72nd scale!

Lovely work Giorgio, absolutely cracking model, figures and base all lead up to a bbrilliant diorama!

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2020 at 10:36 AM, Riksbar said:

I may be wrong but at the time period covered, unless you had a medical exemption a beard on a RAF station would have resulted in a short, loud meeting with the station warrant officer followed by a rapid trip to the barbershop.😬

Simples; he’s Navy on exchange.  

• Haha 7

Hello Giorgio,

Those aircrew PEC's are brilliant!

When I served in the RAF on Lightnings between 1976-82, my trade was that of a Survival equipment Fitter and Flying Clothing Technician, so I started on Lightning brake parachutes, then progressed to Liferafts and PSP's, then Ejection Seat Emergency Escape Parachutes and finally Flying Clothing where I used to service all aircrew flying clothing including PEC's, so I am impressed with those you made, especially in 1/72 scale!

Regards

Derek 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Great build, Giorgio! Bravo! 👏 The figures looks superb - excellent painting work.

Thanks Nikolay, glad you like it :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Fantastic G. Great to see her finished and on a base too.

Looking forward to the Italian "Stuka"..

Simon.

Thanks Simon - I'm happy it's over without any further damage :winkgrin:  For the Stuka, I might get on with it during the week...

17 hours ago, CedB said:

Stunning diorama and a great model. Superb job Giorgio :clap:

Cheers Ced, thank you :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, bbudde said:

Outstanding diorama Giorgio. Well done..

Cheers

Thanks Benedikt :thumbsup:  Being only my second aviation diorama, I'm pretty happy with it

15 hours ago, TheBaron said:

A cracking ensemble Giorgio. Precision and colour of the highest standard. :clap2:

Thanks Tony, glad you liked my effort :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

....and thinking ''blimey, what a beautiful Lightning that is''....!! :thumbsup:

...and then we remember this is 1/72nd scale!

Lovely work Giorgio, absolutely cracking model, figures and base all lead up to a bbrilliant diorama!

Keith

Thanks Keith :thumbsup: I'm starting to getting used to working in 1/72...  :rofl: 

2 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

There! Sorted. Thanks Crisp. :D  :rofl: 

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Superb build thread Giorgio and a brilliant result. 

Looking forward to the RFI.

Terry

Cheers Terry, thank you. :thumbsup: THe RFI might take a while, I want to take the final pics outside, with natural - albeit non direct - light. Fingers crosses for a sunny WE

42 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Hello Giorgio,

Those aircrew PEC's are brilliant!

When I served in the RAF on Lightnings between 1976-82, my trade was that of a Survival equipment Fitter and Flying Clothing Technician, so I started on Lightning brake parachutes, then progressed to Liferafts and PSP's, then Ejection Seat Emergency Escape Parachutes and finally Flying Clothing where I used to service all aircrew flying clothing including PEC's, so I am impressed with those you made, especially in 1/72 scale!

Regards

Derek 

Thank you Derek, I'm so glad you approve! :thumbsup: It's always good for me to hear from first-hand experiences, I value your comment(s) a lot :) 

Ciao

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

USN and FAA forever !!

Agreed 200%

Hello Mr G !

I'll have a look at home, Here I cannot see the pics...

Frustrating ! But knowing your way... That will be splendid !

Braaaavo !! Now I see the pics !!

Great job Mister G

Can't wait for the RFI

And now on for a Picchia... ???

CC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Crisp, I'm surprised you didn't suggest the Lightning drivers had become "unsure of position" and pitched up in Yeovilton....!! 🤣

Keith

From Binbrook?  They’d run out of fuel first...

• Haha 7

20 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Another superb(e) from me.

As Derek B says, the connectors are brilliant,  especially as Keith says, when we remember that it’s all in 1/72 scale!

john

Merci Monsieur :)  As I said, I'm getting used to working in 1/72.... :winkgrin: :D  Then again, my next build will be in 1/48 .... 

20 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Braaaavo !! Now I see the pics !!

Great job Mister G

Can't wait for the RFI

And now on for a Picchia... ???

CC

Yes, on for a Picchiatello :) Thanks for the praise - and Happy Birthday, by the way :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, VT Red Sox Fan said:

Giorgio--1) really glad you are safe & 2) this looks awesome--I really like how the diorama elements accentuate the aircraft--best, Erwin

Cheers Erwin, thank you - glad you like it :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

I was right. All those little touches add up to a stunning finish. 👌 Aspirational work. Always pushing that bar one step higher. Bravo Giorgio. 🙌🙌🙌

Johnny

Thanks Johnny, you are way too kind :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1